• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BOTP Questions

I did see those, I do my homework. Although those are over a year old and I heard it was still changing. The gist of those forums was that nobody is really sure of how it was gonna change, and theres been BOTP courses since then.

Try searching BMOQ.  Apparently that is a "new name" I've seen thrown around recently.

I need some advice if there is anyone out there that can honestly answer.  I have been in the military for combined 12 years.  I did IAP last year and I found it quite easy.  I have to do BOTP this year but I have a shoulder injury.  Either rotator cuff or impingement injury.  It only hurts when I move it a certain way.  Fortunately I can do pushups with no pain.  If I have to lift my arm over my head it kills me.  Anyone out there who has done the new BOTP, do you think I am able to complete this course with my injury?

12 years and you still haven't learned that injuries are not something you "tough" out? Go to the MIR and get yourself fully checked out before attempting any courses that requires physical activity.

After your 5th or 10th section attack or section maneuvers your shoulder may not like you very much. 

The thing is that I asked the doc if he thought I could go to BOTP and he said he didn't know.  I told him that I felt I could as long as I took my voltaren and keep instant ice packs on hand.  He said okay and signed it off as fit for BOTP.  I had an MRI on Saturday of my shoulder, neck and upper back so hopefully I should hear something back by Friday.  If something is torn then of course I will not go but if it's tendonitis or bursitis I would think that I could tough it out for 7 weeks with my anti-inflam meds.....

The problem mate is you're not going to have insta-cold on hand and being on drug meds while doing your course is not a good thing coupled with sleep deprevation, I know from experience. Think twice mate.

Have to agree with Medtech...the course can possibly be postponed for injury but if you destroy your shoulder it could be gone for life...then what? Between log runs, lacing up countless mods and strange pt maneuvers you are bound to have your arms above your head at some point. Something to mull over.

Well, my MRI results came in today.  I have a partially torn teres minor.  Short of it, I have a torn rotator cuff.  I cringe when I think about doing the obstacle course.  My doc said I can't go on course now.  Just as well.  I really wanted to get it over with but my health is more important right now.

timetrial said:
I need some advice if there is anyone out there that can honestly answer.  I have been in the military for combined 12 years.  I did IAP last year and I found it quite easy.  I have to do BOTP this year but I have a shoulder injury.  Either rotator cuff or impingement injury.  It only hurts when I move it a certain way.  Fortunately I can do pushups with no pain.  If I have to lift my arm over my head it kills me.  Anyone out there who has done the new BOTP, do you think I am able to complete this course with my injury?

Have you look at the possibility of requesting an equivalency for the BOTP? you said that you have 12 years of Mil, have you completed a JLC or PRes Jnr NCO course? PM me if you need advice on how to make a request.

I've done an extensive search here on the forums and can only find old information from 2005 and I'm not sure if it's relevant or not.

I'm interested in joining the reserves as a DEO, more specifically, the Windsor Regiment or the E&K Scotts and was just wondering if anyone out there knew if either regiment does IAP/BOTP on base or if I'm sent out of town for training?

Any information will be highly appreciated on the subject, thank you!

IAP/BOTP doesn't exist anymore. It has been combined and is now call BMOQ, try a search again with that key word and it should help you.

2Lt Rousseau said:
IAP/BOTP doesn't exist anymore. It has been combined and is now call BMOQ, try a search again with that key word and it should help you.

AHH ok thanks for the info.  Any word if local res units do BMOQ locally or no?

My unit is looking into a BOTP 2 course (the 12 day course for officers) for a few of us in the area. We were advised last night that this course also has a distance portion. From the reading I have done on here, I did not think there was a DL component. Can anyone shed any light on this issue, please?

Thanks for the replies. However, it is not the Cadets I am looking for, I am a LOG O in the reserves.

Maybe I am confused. After BMQ for the PRes, officers do what I thought was called BOTP 2, before BMOQ-L/CAP, but I could be wrong. This BOTP (or whatever it is) is the course for which I am looking for information.

Can anyone add to this, please?

BOTP Part 2 is now BMOQ Part 2.  Unless the TP has changed, there is not a DL portion.  The TP is on documentum.

http://webtop.gagetown.mil.ca:8080/anonymous-en/component/main?__dmfClientId=1318613252203  (This is a DIN site)

Under the alphabetical listing, the course name is DP1 BMOQ Part 2.

I cant seem to open the attachment. Please help.
Thanks for that. This is what I understood, but was not really sure. I will bring it to the training Warrant.

The above link is only available through an army computer on the DIN/DWAN (i.e. the Army Intranet)

Back