• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bored and want suggestions for a decent FPS Game

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
The only things I am not looking for are squad based games and online ones. Appreciate the input.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.  Good story, good plot, great graphics, excellent gameplay, all around great game.  I highly recommend it, and I consider myself somewhat of a FPS aficionado.

I would have to go with COD 4, I play it on my PS3 and know of guys that play it on a PC, it is a resource hog and know a few guys that bought it and can't play it or they have to upgrade either video card or memory.

Whats good about it, I really really liked the single player part, great story line, felt like I was in a Hollywood movie and had to save the world.

Online, they have ranks that you have to achieve and with each rank you get "perks" that you get to choose from that make it a bit more interesting.

Aside from that I really liked the free game - Americas Army but it had no single player stuff it was just online. I had to stop playing it do to the lag I get here in Yellowknife.

Let us know what you pick.

RCR Grunt said:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.  Good story, good plot, great graphics, excellent gameplay, all around great game.  I highly recommend it, and I consider myself somewhat of a FPS aficionado.

Yes indeed, but if you ae the kind of person to want the maximum challene out of a game, Playing CoD 4 on max difficulty can become excruciatingly frustrating at times.

I have two recommendations:

1. BioShock (XB360, PC) - It has a compelling and interesting story, upgradeable weapons, three types of ammo per weapon, and psychic powers. The combat is fun and creative, as you can shoot enemies, set them on fire, freeze them, zap them, or set them to fighting each other!

2. The Orange Box (PS3, XB360) - It's basically five games in one, although one is an online-only game. It has Half-Life 2, HL2 Episode 1+2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. The Half-Life games are quite well-done in terms of gameplay and story. Portal isn't really a shooter, though. It's more of a first-person puzzle game but it's challenging and addicting.

As individual tastes may vary, it'd be a good idea to rent before purchasing. Also, these games have been out for a while, so you should be able to pick them up used. I got BioShock from Rogers and The Orange Box from Electronics Boutique.

heres a couple of my Favs Halo 1-3, CoD 3 & 4, Gears of War, Rainbow 6 Vegas ( Vegas 2 is due to relseas sometime this year).

Alright, let's see:
COD 4, Rainbox Six: Vegas, Gears of War,  Halo 3 (fun and relatively long single player [ on hard, that is] ).
Call of Duty 4 is tons of fun!

I've taken to only playing the free demos; there's usually enough content to entertain me, and once I'm truly bored with it, there are plenty of others to replace them.

You should try hellgate london it was made by the creators of the diablo 2 series when blizzard north merged with blizzard and they left.
It allows you to play as both first person and 3rd person mode and all classes have diff weapons which are upgradeable and customizable.  but there of course are also other weapons like swords mind control devices.  It's a nice twist for a game and offers a long single player campaign as well as multiplayer. I've beat the game twice with a guardian (a sword wielding paladin tank that likes to shoot too :p) as well as an engineer who is a troop primarily using guns but also has the capability of building robots (gotta love skill trees)  but seriously if you want a cool game to shoot some demons and zombies for the time being try hellgate london out.

I bought FEAR for next to nothing at Future Shop and while not bad, I am having issues with a certain area. My characters path is blocked by a path of electricity that I cannot get by without turning into a cinder. Any ideas?

ou will be on the other side of the Electricity head to the left and flip the switch, then go up and to the left up the stairs. There is also a HK on the little push cat and make your way up, by the Laptop is a BPV. Pick it up and use the laptop. Now head out of the room and go right down the stairs.

and here i found this might be useful for ya

http://feargame.net/wiki/index.php?title=Walkthrough

You can't go wrong with Gears of War or CoD 4...Lost Planet is pretty nice too. Of the 3 I'd say CoD 4 is hands down probably *the* best FPS since Goldeneye.

You could try Tomb Raider : Legends or Kane and Lynch : Dead Men, but they are 3rd person.

I got Rainbow Six Vegas 2 just the other day, ITS UNFRIGGIN BELEIVABLE!!!!! it scores a 10/10 for me, it has a great story line (if your in to "Tom Clancyesk" story lines), graphics are superb, sound is pretty good, on-line is awesome. you wont get to do much at first till you unlock weapons, armour, camo patterns (Yes, they have Cadpat finally), ext.

P.S. I recommend you play R6 Vegas 1 first so you know whats going on with the story line.

Someday, I'm going to sit down and learn how to work one of those things. Last FPS gane I tried was when the US Army brought out their downloadable one. Got my guy, geared him out, got him to his humvee and couldn't figure how to get him in to drive it.

Ran him about 26 km to the start line ;D

LMAO I've had that happen to, the one thing I hate with games on computers is that they have to use the keyboard to confuse the shite out of you Lil. try a consol game, try and get an original XBOX, they're cheap now and wont be a big deal if you get tired of it. for starters games I recommend Halo 1 & 2 (the 3rd is on Xbox 360) because it has very fluid controls to get used to a dual joystick controller and would be easy to learn how to play a FPS. for military shooters on original Xbox are Rainbow Six 3, Call of duty 1 and 2, Ghost recon, there are more that I cant think of. but if you want the best shooting experience the Xbox 360 is the way to go.

firefight for PC ;D.....its a reallly old games really bad graphics but decent gameplay its about 10 MBs but hey its fun u start with like 6 squads of infantry 2 machine guns  3 tanks and you have to take the hill from the germans haha im gonna go play it now

Back