• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bored and want suggestions for a decent FPS Game

COD4 is a real sweet game for the PC. Awesome graphics but I felt like I was being railroaded along.

Not really FPS but Oblivion is a very complex and layered game with lots of side quests and other stuff to do.

CBshadow said:
oblivion = great rpg instead of bullets use fireballs  ;D

Fire is your friend in that game, I made a spell 5 pt fire damage for 25 sec,

I call it the burning itch  ;D

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Has anyone played the above. If so what is it like?

CBshadow said:
oblivion = great rpg instead of bullets use fireballs
Nah..if I want an RPG I will go for the table top versions. :D

Haven't played turning point fall of liberty...but in regards to tabletop mind if I'm DM >:D :threat: :blotto: ;D 8)

I know I'm a bit late on this but...

Battlefield 2 hands down the most entertaining, graphics oriented FPS on the market.  BF 2142 is not worth the time of day.  But for a modern warfare FPS ya BF2 to the bank.  If you want a WW11 sim. then your best bet is good old Call Of Duty 2. 

Just bought an old copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, interesting game idea,.... alittle buggy right out of the package but installing the patches to see if it cleans up, still good murderous fun though

The Orange Box for Xbox 360.

It actually includes 4 games: Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, Half Life 2: Episode 2, and another neat little game called Portals.

When compared to Call of Duty 4, The Orange Box doesn't have quite as good a system of controls and gameplay. But, IMHO it makes up for it in storyline and creativity. The fact that HL2 is probably about 4 years old now and its XBox 360 version is still up in the Top 10 lists is a very good reflection of this.

"Portals", for those who don't know is a puzzle game. You run around like you would in a normal FPS, but instead of a gun you get a portal projector. Your right trigger will launch an enterance portal against a wall, ceiling or floor, and your left trigger will launch the exit. The coolest thing about it is that you keep your momentum as you move through the portals. For example, say you need to leap for one balcony to another with a deep and wide pit beneath you. You can place your exit portal on the wall beside you, ensuring that it is aimed across the pit and onto the other balcony. Then you jump from where you are standing into the pit.

As you fall you gain momentum and build up significant speed. But just before you hit the ground and die you launch your enterance portal at the spot you are going to hit. Instead of splattering all over the floor you fall through the portal, out your exit that is already pointed in the direction you want to go. By maintaining your falling speed through the exit portal you have now launched yourself from one balcony safely to another. Neat, eh?

The picture explains:
pl_games1_630.jpg

hl2_portal_05.jpg

MTS you have no idea what you're talking about. BF2142 is an awesome game, and so is BF2. If you want.a good BF2 upgrade, play Project Reality, now THAT is a kick ass FPS.

I've also heard good things about Project Reality. Gotta find my BF2 CD key so I can try it out.

I've been hooked on Call of Duty 4 for the last little while, and still occasionally play America's Army. Can't go wrong with a free game.

Wonderbread said:
The Orange Box for Xbox 360.

Portal has inspired me to say, "Delivering product!" during my next gun camp.

I cant wait til they come up with "COD 5 : Streets of Toronto"

It will be an FPS alright.....

First Person Shoveller

Back