• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Border agents spur suspicion at protest

Not everything you say is correct. There is policy and there is legislation and policy NEVER trumps legislation. It may be best not to discuss perceived CBSA shortcomings on a public site. There are changes coming to the Customs Act that may clarify things a little better.

WR said:
Not everything you say is correct. There is policy and there is legislation and policy NEVER trumps legislation. It may be best not to discuss perceived CBSA shortcomings on a public site. There are changes coming to the Customs Act that may clarify things a little better.

I agree that policy never trumps legislation, but we are what we are, Border Services not police, and we have a mandate and SOP's to follow.

I understand that well, but our policies are not clear and there are reasons for that. We are not the Police, but we are not bank tellers either.
There is a lot more that goes on in CBSA that a BSO does not see from the POE.

Internal protocols are just that. My suggestion , is that you guys keep them that way. PMs or internal agency emails. Whatever anyone, outside, wants to know about internal policy or their very existence, they can find out with a request under Freedom of Information.

Just my  :2c:

Back