• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boeing to offer P-8 as CP-140 Replacement

Depends if you're expecting LOS, BLOS, etc.

A combo?
Physical range/combat radius might mean you don't need to deploy from ships - an MQ-9 flew from Grand Forks ND to 78N, circled around a bit, and returned for a 25.5h mission last Sep. Granted its endurance will be lower with weapons, etc but still probably enough to deploy from the same bases as the associated MPA.

The MQ-25 Stingray expects to have their pilots on the carrier in OSINT articles. However, with BLOS, they could be anywhere.

In theory, a RPA could remain ONSTA for 2+ MPA missions. I suspect the CONOPs would be very similar to an 'overland' sortie. Launch Recover crew/mission crew that takes control/hands over control at "point X".

The "short deck" idea would extent the MPA and, possibly, allow for them to be used without an MPA.

Yes, except that would need to be Canadianized. Can't just take something that will work/works now and you know..."use it".

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

Interesting.
Indeed.

OS news is limited, but I'm inclined to buy myself a ticket to Hawaii this summer to cheer on my GA colleagues.

RIMPAC 22 will also be the first time a SeaGuardian will be fully integrated with a Fleet Command Center through the secure SIPRNET and Joint Range Extension Protocol (IP based) to pass classified tracks.

Obviously, I need to get my DLN courses finished up so I can keep up to speed on some of this stuff. I had no idea it was this far along, and this capable.

There's a decent video piece in the Day 2 at Sea Air Space video.

200nm range, 360 RADAR? MX-15? 10 A-size/pod. I wonder what the max # Gs is.m Anti/de-ice? Pretty impressive. This would be an extremely interesting project to be on/Sqn to be on once operational.

It's great to see this tech maturing. It's equally sad to know, if the RCAF ever sees kit like this, I'll be squinting at it on a screen from the old folks home.

That definition of IOC leaves a lot of room for PMs to maneuver. It is not something tangible that can be practically applied to every project have have consistent timelines come from it. How that definition is applied differs from project to project.

Particularly in large projects with significant CISOE, IOC can be well into equipment delivery, training development and implementation and other aspects.

So, for example, new aircraft requiring new facilities and changes to airfields may have quite late IOC dates due to time lags in preparing and sequencing construction.
Be that as it may, the point remains that IOC, per se, is a defined term in DNDā€™s Project Approval Process, and of course each project staff must apply the specifics of their own project to parse
The definition into something that TB (or the MND if appropriate) will accept for PA(Def)/PA(Imp).

Team Poseidon, consisting of CAE, GE Aviation Canada, IMP Aerospace & Defence, KF Aerospace, Honeywell Aerospace Canada and Raytheon Canada:

Did they leave anyone out to partner up with a mystery competitor?

Team Poseidon, consisting of CAE, GE Aviation Canada, IMP Aerospace & Defence, KF Aerospace, Honeywell Aerospace Canada and Raytheon Canada:
An LRP bidder with IMP as a partner?

Looks like we know what we're getting to replace the Aurora :ROFLMAO:

Reading the latest MMA presentation. Is Canada now past the point of being able to order P8's? Or is Boeing being nice and waiting for a decision?

Boeing to GoC
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reading the latest MMA presentation. Is Canada now past the point of being able to order P8's? Or is Boeing being nice and waiting for a decision?

Boeing to GoC
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Where can I read this?

I suspect Boeing, in looking at the current world situation, may well be extending their shutdown date.

As I recall (and can't find an article right now) the current "last chance to order" falls somewhere in mid/late 2023.

Some info on CMMA at: Canadian Multi-Mission Aircraft - Defence Capabilities Blueprint

If the project does enter Definition phase in 23/24 as noted above, that would line up well with Boeings current schedule.

(For those unfamiliar, Capital projects in Defence follow five phases: Identification; Options Analysis; Definition; Implementation and Close Out.
It will be the waiting game. Can Boeing out wait the Government? Or can Government out wait Boeing?

Reading the latest MMA presentation. Is Canada now past the point of being able to order P8's?

Iā€™m going to say ā€œnoā€. Iā€™ll wait for official information from the GoC/DND/CAF thoughā€¦

Thereā€™s obviously chatter in the Sqn lines about this one butā€¦Iā€™m not wanting to end up in front of the Sqn Boss for repeating said chatter on here, social media etc.

Back