• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boeing to offer P-8 as CP-140 Replacement

The scuffing came as a second order effect from the fact they were untied. LMAO.

I'm glad someone else knows what this was all about! I grew up in Prince County, PEI and after leaving realized...we weren't exactly caught up to...the rest of Canada/the world. 😁

I'm glad someone else knows what this was all about! I grew up in Prince County, PEI and after leaving realized...we weren't exactly caught up to...the rest of Canada/the world. 😁
Amherst, N.S. ,at one time the teenage pregnancy capital of the world ( I suspect that pin-striped jeans and Kodiak work boots were a major contributor to that stat) :p

Or maybe they weren't caught up to us. :cool:

Anyways, back on track for this thread. I have learned a lot.

But back in the 80s, you were stylin' if you had a rugby shirt, pin stripe jeans and a pair of (untied) Kodiak work boots on. Imagine...at the dance....Billy Jean starts playin'....your time has come. (* collar up on the rugby shirt, of course)
Nervously looking around the room with a panicked look, mixed with sheer cringe…

“Ah yes! The topic! Thank Heavens!”

They are small airframes, so my initial concern would be endurance and "all up weight"; MPAs need to be able to haul around lots of search and kill stores and fuel for abilty to remain ONSTA (on station).

Our current and near-future torps don't allow for external carriage (temperature concerns). Also, wing/exeternal stores will induce drag, drag reduces ONSTA and speed.

For those main reasons...my initial thought is "Pass". I'd give them a look for maritime surveillance perhaps, but we don't have the $ or personnel for specialized fleets like that. Which is exactly Bombardier is suggesting their platform is good for; " ideal for maritime surveillance". We need more than just that from the fleet.
What do (can) the Cyclones carry?

Hey....at least the production date starts with a "2"
...for parts of it. I didn't even realize that the Mk-54 is essentially a kit bolted onto a Mk-46.

At roughly $1.2 million apiece, the kits include enhanced guidance systems and improved counter-countermeasures that will convert Canada’s existing arsenal of Cold War-era MK-46 torpedoes into the modern MK-54 configuration.

...for parts of it. I didn't even realize that the Mk-54 is essentially a kit bolted onto a Mk.46 .
Primarily because the USN didn't want to pay the cost of the ultra high tech mk. 50.Which is even more super duper then the mk. 54 at an even more super duper price.

Back