• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

No, I will be swearing in out of London. I am not even sure if I fly out of London, or if its Toronto. I assume Toronto.

I arrived 40 minutes early. Toronto traffic wasnt even that bad. I still got it.

Well I just got the call 2 days before I fly out and start BMQ on the 23rd.

Friday in toronto.

This may be a bit  off topic but with really one day to get everything in order I could use some advice. When it comes to civilian clothes what are you bringing it says casual pants and shirts, I only really have jeans and t-shirts should I go out and buy slacks and collared shirts. Also how many sets of running shoes are you guys bringing?

I am bringing jeans lol, and as far as running shoes I am bringing two pairs.

I'm brining one pair of sneakers and plan on buying a new pair first weekend off. I spent way too much money getting stuff I needed lol Jeans (no rips) are fine. My husband told me two days worth of civis is sufficient (there's washers there) and it usually only takes 3 days to get all our kits. I'm bringing a mix of dress pants and 1 pair of jeans, a hoodie, 2 long sleeve shirts and a Tshirt and Pjs...i had way more packed but had to take stuff out because it was jammed lol 

See thats kinda comforting when it said casual I was like dang am I really going to have to buy three pairs of slacks im never going to wear again.  Now i just have to write my autobiography.

shooked1 said:
Friday in toronto.

This may be a bit  off topic but with really one day to get everything in order I could use some advice. When it comes to civilian clothes what are you bringing it says casual pants and shirts, I only really have jeans and t-shirts should I go out and buy slacks and collared shirts. Also how many sets of running shoes are you guys bringing?

Here is what I was told, by the Captain of the RC, and the Cpl. who did the enrollment stuff with me. You can wear jeans, but they have to nice jeans. You basically just have to look professional for the first few days is what they said. Unless you own ripped jeans and attire.. there's no need to be at buying a wardrobe for 2-4 days before receiving your kit which you will be wearing indefinitely from then on. Also don't be that guy who wears track pants the entire time...I mean, do what you want lol.. I'm just passing on wise words the staff gave me.

Ya no track pants I have never been able to rock the Ricky from trailer park boys look, I am going to miss my brad thought.

shooked1 said:
Ya no track pants I have never been able to rock the Ricky from trailer park boys look, I am going to miss my brad thought.

Hah! Rock the ricky... those are like that nylon track pants too. Despite the firmness of my behind, I just dislike the freedom of track pants.

Are you doing BMQ yet? Not sure based on your sample but it sounds like you are haha.

No I start on the 23rd just got the call today so I'm kinda running around like a chicken with it's head cut of trying to get stuff sorted out.

Back