• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

There's at least 12 recruits here at the airport. Also as a side note.... ive never been on a plane before. The security guards threw out my shampoo, toothpaste, and soap.

Oh the good ol airport.. Should have kept that stuff in your checked luggage! Enjoy your first flight. I almost crapped my pants the first time I flew. ;D

Lol Treemoss I know what you mean. When you get here you'll stand out like a sore thumb until Thursday when you're allowed wearing combats. For the first like week youll be the only people wearing your civvys and there are A LOT more platoons and people here than I thought there was. Like if your platoon takes forever to wake up for breakfast you'll be waiting in line for probably 45-60 minutes. It's a hall full of relish basically lol.

Well hopefully I'll find SOMEONE on here who is selected for next week! I swear in tomorrow morning and will be driving out of Ottawa on Saturday ;D

Hey, got my call today for march 2nd for naval electrician, talk about short notice! Anyway, pleased to meet you

Yea I don't know what I'd do with a week heads up! Glad the calls are finally coming out :)

I've gotta overnight in Edmonton, Friday I get sworn in, Saturday I'm on a plane. quitting my job tomorrow, and spending Wednesday and Thursday getting everything ready to go. fun for the whole family

Got sworn in this morning, met 2 others on my platoon. I assume you're the same as well ; 00079E

So I was just given a offer and was told that my BMQ starts Feb 28, which is a Saturday. Does that mean I'll be with you guys or....

Because there is no Feb.28 BMQ on the website and my recruiter has not contacted me back yet...

skuoc019 said:
So I was just given a offer and was told that my BMQ starts Feb 28, which is a Saturday. Does that mean I'll be with you guys or....

Because there is no Feb.28 BMQ on the website and my recruiter has not contacted me back yet...

You leave for CFLRS on the 28th, with March 2 as your start date.

KerryBlue said:
You leave for CFLRS on the 28th, with March 2 as your start date.

Oh lol thanks! Also I suppose they will assign you a bus ticket and departure time as well?

skuoc019 said:
Oh lol thanks! Also I suppose they will assign you a bus ticket and departure time as well?

Everything will be provided to you on swear in day.

In some(most?) cases I think they will expect you to purchase your tickets and make all travel arrangements. I originally said I was bussing and they said ok see you there... On swear in day all they told our group is that there would be someone waiting at the Montreal airport to send you into St Jean.. But yes a nice big package with all the details will be provided.

EDIT to add: You can be reimbursed for your travel expenses.

I replied to the offer by e-mailing them the signed form and saying I accept their offer last night but have not heard back from them yet. Obviously it has only been a day but with my swearing in ceremony this Friday when should I start to panic?  ::)

You should receive another email, "Employment Offer Part 2" or similar. If you don't get it in the next couple of hours, I would call just to make sure they got your email! Where are you applying out of?

Got all of my stuff bought and packed today as well as signing my papers, and e-mailing them off

Back