• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ for September 2011

hey guys quick question, i put my application in last week for infantry ncm, do you think ill get a call for september bmq? i guess what im trying to ask is how long it took for you guys to get the call

JRH93 said:
hey guys quick question, i put my application in last week for infantry ncm, do you think ill get a call for september bmq? i guess what im trying to ask is how long it took for you guys to get the call

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

JRH93 said:

Romanmaz hit the nail pretty squarely. My guess would be no chance. While it is (at least in theory) possible, the odds are so stacked against you at this point as to make it nigh impossible.
1. You'd need to be a perfect candidate to step over all the others currently in the process; there are next to no positions left available last time I checked (about a week ago I was informed there were 10 positions left). Many people are having their applications canceled for infantry while in progress, and they are much farther along then you.
2. You'd need to have ALL your paperwork checked out and approved in a VERY short period of time - security checks alone can take over a month, not to mention setting up all the appointments for your CFAT, Interview, etc.

My process took a little over 3 months - I was very lucky and everything lined up for me (no medical issues, security check had no hitches, credit stuff was good, interview got bumped up due to personal details, etc). That was 3+ months for a position which was open at the time, and I had absolutely no issues regarding my application. Under a month seems highly unlikely in comparison, especially considering how few positions/current applicants there are for Infantry.

Read over the link Romanmaz posted to get a better idea of how long the process takes - settle in on the site for a while and read over the wealth of information that can be found here. Asking questions like these imply two things - either you haven't read enough on the topic available to you on these boards and/or you think your question is unique. Everyone feels that way, at least until they look around (grins). People want to help but they like helping people who also help themselves.

Not to jab, but something to consider - one of the things that will single you out rather quickly is the inability to present yourself professionally (in particular, being unable to use proper grammar and syntax.). "I" is capitalized and "I'll"/ "I'm" require an apostrophe.

Good luck!

Hey, guys!!!
CFLRS web site says: BMQ Week 0 (PREP.WEEK), on Friday, September 9th after dinner will be Language Testing. What does it mean? If English is my second language, will I be tested English or my Ukrainian first language. If English, should I review grammar or what? Is it like Literacy Test in high school or kida TOEFL for international university students?
Thanks

pH boy said:
Hey, guys!!!
CFLRS web site says: BMQ Week 0 (PREP.WEEK), on Friday, September 9th after dinner will be Language Testing. What does it mean? If English is my second language, will I be tested English or my Ukrainian first language. If English, should I review grammar or what? Is it like Literacy Test in high school or kida TOEFL for international university students?
Thanks

If it hasn't changed, they only test you on your ability to learn another language.  Not on the ones you presently know.

How much time will we have between our graduation and our subsequent training?

like NETP.

Also, see you guys on the 5th.

SlapKhan said:
How much time will we have between our graduation and our subsequent training?

like NETP.

Also, see you guys on the 5th.

I was also trying to figure this out, given that if it is the 2-3 weeks average I had heard of.. then we miss Christmas with our families. 
Every answer that I have been given is pretty much just to wait and see.  I am just going to hope for the best and expect the worst.

dancouture said:
I was also trying to figure this out, given that if it is the 2-3 weeks average I had heard of.. then we miss Christmas with our families. 
Every answer that I have been given is pretty much just to wait and see.  I am just going to hope for the best and expect the worst.

If your period between courses goes over the holidays, you will (more than likely) be able to take leave.

PMedMoe said:
If your period between courses goes over the holidays, you will (more than likely) be able to take leave.

That is good news Moe!  I hope that you are right.

PMedMoe said:

Does CF issue an airfare to you?

Stacked said:
Man, 8 new platoons starting within a week of eachother... I'm never going to get to eat now. I thought the 4 officer cadet indoc platoons were bad... (you'll soon learn the lunch lines at the mega can be very brutal. On average you maybe get 30 minutes to eat if you're meeting timings. You spend about 15 minutes in line on a good day.  Enjoy food as much as you can before you get here).  Oh and when you fix your beret or something the t he bathroom mirror outside the mess don't lean on th counte at all.  You'll see why and I wish somebody reminded me. Hahahah.  See you all soon.  Good luck.

Sorry for any typos.  Sending this from my phone.
Platoon 0418E coming at you next week! So I take it the food is pretty shitty? :stirpot:

Maybe I missed something, because I only looked back to page 3 to see if someone said you couldn't use it during the week... when I was in basic no one was watching me shave. No one cares what you use to shave, especially on a weekend you may have off.

pH boy said:
Hey Stacked,

Any chance I can use my electrical razor on weekends?

Romanmaz said:
Platoon 0418E coming at you next week! So I take it the food is pretty shitty? :stirpot:

Food is actually very good. But for the first 10 weeks you dont get much time to enjoy it........GL and get ready to play the game. :salute:

Yesterday, I tried get up at 5:00, then I did not eat after 18:00. THAT WAS HARD!!! But i did it. Today, I tried again and I failed timing of last meal. I could not just watch how my family is enjoying homemade cabage rolls.  :'(

Stacked said:
Oh and when you fix your beret or something the t he bathroom mirror outside the mess don't lean on th counte at all.  You'll see why and I wish somebody reminded me.

Ahh! I don't miss that counter at all. I fell into that trap many times. :facepalm:

PMedMoe said:

Their unit is more than likely going to make them save 8 Annual days for Christmas leave. That's what happened to me in Borden. Even if you're on course, you'll probably get home. The Instructors don't want to work over Christmas either.

Back