• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ changed to 10 weeks ?

Please forgive my ignorance, I searched both Milnet and CFLRS/DND resources. 

IS the Farnham field portion of BMQ/BMOQ being shortened/removed?  CFLRS day to day schedule still includes quite a bit of time in Farnham, and I can't find anything authoritative indicating that indeed Farnham is being removed.

Again, forgive me ignorance if I somehow missed this information. 

A link to a DND publication would be preferred, if anyone can find one...

Is Farnham gone from basic???

Farnham is the best part of basic....something for the recruits to look forward too .  The 2 weeks that we  are arguing about might mean something for the young recruits.

....just sayin'

wrathchild11 said:
  The 2 weeks that we  are arguing about might mean something for the young recruits.

Not exactly a resounding endorsment. If the Cf decided it is not needed then away it goes. Deal with it.

Even if Farnham IS taken out (which I think it is for my BMQ course in 4 days), it just means that the 10 week course will become a little more intense. Two weeks is nothing worth whining about.

Farnham was the best time I had during basic - God damn I hated that course.  I"m actually sad if they take out the field portion of the course.  Shouldn't a CANFORGEN have been released regarding that kind of sweeping change?  meh regardless.... you're still gonna get that tick in the box at the end of the course no matter how long it is.  I just think it would be unfortunate if they took out the only fun part of the whole course (this includes the rappel tower which was freaking awesome!)

Lil_T said:
Shouldn't a CANFORGEN have been released regarding that kind of sweeping change? 

Schools change their courses frequently without the need to issue a CANFORGEN, why should this be any different ?

Lil_T said:
Shouldn't a CANFORGEN have been released regarding that kind of sweeping change?  meh regardless....

Why it doesn't really affect the day to day operations of the CF to any real extent and what CA said :)

oh I know they do... but I've also noticed (from reading past msgs) that when there's a significant change to the program, there is often a corresponding message released.  Yes, I"m a dork who likes to read the messages...  bravo, by the way for picking up on an offhand comment that I essentially negated myself.

Parfait, moi aussi.... en effet, je sais que souvent et toujours ne sont pas la même chose....

Back