• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ changed to 10 weeks ?

FyroniK

Inactive
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this? The latest platoon to arrive at St. Jean is on a 10 week course apparently, when did this happen?

FyroniK said:
Has anyone heard of this? The latest platoon to arrive at St. Jean is on a 10 week course apparently, when did this happen?

Who cares........

CDN Aviator said:
Who cares........

Anyone with a question on BMQ training or training standards in general?  I know I'd be interested in knowing what they're going to do with 3 weeks less (if this is actually true).

ARMY_101 said:
I know I'd be interested in knowing what they're going to do with 3 weeks less (if this is actually true).

Revolutionize training.

Folks, the lenght of BMQ has been changing for decades. In the end, people still learn the same things. Mine was 10 weeks back in 1993 for example and the platoon afterwards was 8 weeks........

Not to worry, you will all get the same "full" experience....hats and haircuts included.

ARMY_101 said:
Anyone with a question on BMQ training or training standards in general?  I know I'd be interested in knowing what they're going to do with 3 weeks less (if this is actually true).

I've heard they were thinking of shortening farnham and such, things that you learn on your SQ if you need to learn it, and things you don't need unless you are combat arms for money saving reasons mainly, but also makes sense... navy doesn't need to learn alot of what was going on in BMQ anyway. Wasn't expecting it to have already taken effect though.

FyroniK said:
navy doesn't need to learn alot of what was going on in BMQ anyway.

Tell that to all the Navy guys who found themselves in Afghanistan and other places.

But i yield to your vast experience.

CDN Aviator said:
Tell that to all the Navy guys who found themselves in Afghanistan and other places.

People that get sent to Afghanistan receive training prior to being deployed. They learn, what they need to learn, and chances are they were in a combat arms trade if they were being sent there in the first place, thus falling back on the training they received After BMQ.

People are not dropped into Afghanistan with BMQ training and nothing else. Silly Willy.

CDN Aviator said:

Anything I needed to know was surly covered in the 7-8 months I spent in Pet an Cali during work ups. Anything I "learned" in basic was forgotten. But that's just me...

You should have seen the look on the faces of the army guys when I told them I hadn't put on a ruck sack or done a 13K sense 1999! lol

FyroniK said:
People that get sent to Afghanistan receive training prior to being deployed. They learn, what they need to learn, and chances are they were in a combat arms trade if they were being sent there in the first place, thus falling back on the training they received After BMQ.

People are not dropped into Afghanistan with BMQ training and nothing else. Silly Willy.

Dude, i, like, said i yield, k ?

peace out yo !! Chill !!

FyroniK said:

::)

For an eighteen year old to come onto a site that many currently serving members, from all three Elements, who have been to Afghanistan, contribute to and say what you just did, you are looking at quite a few firm rebuttals.  I would dig my hole now, because you have a lot of rounds coming in your direction.

FyroniK said:

You are incorrect in part of your statement my friend! You should tell that to the PO1 Steward who found himself out in Soja for 8 months! Out of the crew of us who augmented 1-10 from Halifax, in the Navy uniform, only 1 was ex-combat arms! Your prior trade/training has very little to do with op taskings!

You are correct that the CF is supposed to give you the training you require for the tasking your tasked with. Hence the long, long, long work up training! But as I stated your prior trade doesn't mean much!

If you refer to my post count as me being 18 years old, or pop into a thread with nothing on topic or useful to say other than trying to insult someone for fun Then quite frankly I would respect a said 18 year old more than yourself. Unfortunate but true.

What happened to Lead by Example? If everyone replied to everyone else in your manner the world would be a very disgusting place.

FyroniK said:
If you refer to my post count as me being 18 years old, or pop into a thread with nothing on topic or useful to say other than trying to insult someone for fun Then quite frankly I would respect a said 18 year old more than yourself. Unfortunate but true.

What happened to Lead by Example? If everyone replied to everyone else in your manner the world would be a very disgusting place.

I guess CDN Aviator is right.  You do know soo much more than all of us who have time in the CF.  I too bow to your greatness.

Ah.......the sweet, sweet sound of a toilet flushing........

FyroniK said:

Easy tiger. If you don't flesh out your profile a bit people here tend to not take you seriously. If your experienced in the CF in some way then let us know your not that 18 y/o jtftwonijasniper_CoD4 wanna be type... It will go a long way I promise!

Also you were incorrect in your statement about Navy pers deploying to TFK.

CDN Aviator said:
He did BMQ last November by the looks of his posts.

Dam, you guys all beat me to the punch.

To the Op, I suggest you stay within your lanes, since you are straying way out of your arcs...

Back