• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ August 2007 - ALL locations

I brought all that because I don't have access to the rest of my clothes for almost a year...... maybe I'm bringing too much....I have no idea. 

Well you'll have your uniform, haha.  :p If you packing for a year then I doubt you would have over packed, but they might ask in a not-so-polite way why you have so much.

I don't really think it's too much, but I guess that's open to interpretation....... and potentialy, as you said, a lot of yelling.  Do you happen to know if you're allowed to take vitamins and allergy pills there...... I get pretty sneezy without the Reactin.

Hmm, i bought some extra stuff to help with the cleaning but i have 2 semi big duffle bags, and my backpack but thats pretty much empty. The backpack is more for stuff that i would like at hand during the trip there and for weekends off to carry stuff. For some reason it seems like i have too much to carry. I hope there is enough room to store it all.

I know you need to have your prescription for medical stuff. I'm sure you can get some at Canex though, I heard they have "EVERYTHING" there. I'm sure that includes reactin and more cleaning supplies (ie. swiffer).

I'm pretty sure you'll have enough room to store it all. You have your room and then a seperate storage locker for your civi stuff which apparently they're not allowed to look in. So if you're bringing MP3 players and such I'd suggest "storing" it there.

Mp3 players arnt allowed? It didnt say anything about them not being allowed and on one of the basic up video's or one of the other videos about basic training it showed a recruit listening to one while cleaning is weapon.

I'm sure they're allowed but I'd still keep it there when not using it.

I wonder how many of the august courses will allow time for soldier qualification(4 weeks) before the Christmas break.  I did a search to figure out and most say it all depends(no way to know for sure till the end of your bmq).  I'm going infantry August-20 to November-23, i hope we'll be starting phase three of our training come January.

I heard that SQ got combined with BIQ, but I'm not sure if that's true or not so don't quote me on. On the other hand, if it didn't get combined to one course then I'm sure they'll run it the same but give you some time off during x-mas as they would normally do.

It was my understanding that the SQ was 60 days. Is this incorrect?

Just got called on the first and asked if I could go go St. Jean Aug 20 anyone else here going? :eek:

Romulus said:
It was my understanding that the SQ was 60 days. Is this incorrect?

I heard 4 weeks before I heard it was combined. But keep in mind I don't know for sure if that's correct.

How'd your face heal up there man?

Maybe I'll see you on the train....... I'm getting on in Oakville instead of London

Dontgo, a buddy of mine who's going through for infantry right now went straight from BMQ to his combined SQ/BIQ.  He said they just called it advanced BIQ though, because it's about 4 weeks longer than the old BIQ course, but cancels out the need for a separate SQ course.  I don't know if this is the way it will be for all new recruits, but to the best of my knowledge you heard correctly.  I'm leaving on the 12th for St. Jean, and I'm just going to try to take everything as it comes, and not try to plan too far ahead.  I don't want to start counting on anything, because my friend started his advanced BIQ in May in Shilo and was told he would be 2PPCLI.  This was good, because Shilo is only 40 minutes from his home.  All his family, and friends live nearby, and were excited he would be staying home.  He just found out last week though, that they are all going to Edmonton now.  He is fine with it, because he just wants to go wherever his guys are going, but, needless to say, his family is disappointed.  I guess its all just part of the lifestyle.  Goodluck on your course to everybody who's going.

hey whats this about a train? do they send you up on a nice scenic cn train ride? oh I asked about christmas and bases are sort of closed, the instructors get 2 weeks off and so do we.  And yes you need to pay your own way home.  I was told they would pay but, this has just changed.

i do not look forward to the train trip again from kitchener to montreal.

Back