• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ August 2007 - ALL locations

lol genius. if anybody from the 13th course is down for that im down lol.  :p

closer and closerr my swearing in is in 8 hours.  ;D

Arsenal said:
I think someone mentioned earlier it would be easier for one of us to pay anyways so we don't all have to do the reimbursement thing... Five days, wow.. Anyone else throw a going away party this weekend? Mine was unreal, family, friends, lots of booze and lots of food. All I know is that after last night it's feeling a whole hell of a lot harder to leave.

I told everyone I don't want a going away party. I haven't had beer or pop in around 1 month since they're both unhealthy. But it's more exactly that, it'll just make it harder to leave.

Anybody coming out of montreal for august 20th bmq? Pretty easy drive for me lol!  looks like mostly southern Ontario....

I myself had all these grand plans of getting in great shape before basic but then I realised this will be the last time for awhile I'll be able to hang out with friends and family so its been a bit of working out with a hangover.......figure I have to get used to suffering anyways so it works out, dont get me wrong though I'm in pretty decent shape anyways........had a couple parties this weekend, the guys party woohoo, then the everyone else party woohoo, needless to say I'm happy but these arse hole friends of mine are determined to get me out friday night but I dont think I'll be doin any drinking as I would like to have a brain my first day there, then well all have to wait for a few weeks till were unleashed on Montreal......anyways looking forward to meeting all of you crazy people who are in the same boat as me, see you there! ;D

Roger that, the friends are demanding the bars and the rippers Friday night... The train ride will be a sleepy one.

Ya one of my buddys has been trying to get me to have a going away party for some time now. Then yesterday he says Friday (the 3rd, the day before my flight) is a long weekend day so most of us won't be working and lured me out with paintball. So I'm going to have to disappear to avoid drinking excessively, haha. Not as bad as my one friend though who had a going away party the day before that went until 2 am and had to be at the airport at 7. Ya I'm looking forward to meeting all the crazy army.ca people too.

oh dont be such wipes, just go out :) You guys get to actually "sleep in", the train from windsor leaves at freaking 6am, and it said to be there at five. Now that sucks, lol.

I'm in the same boat as recruited on this one, I too had a plan of being in great shape for bmq. I didn't drink for months but now that Ive only got 19 days left Ive been drinking allot with Friends and family. And the fact i just turned 19 and get into bars without having to scrounge up someone Else's id doesn't help ether. but I'm in the best shape Ive been in my whole life. I'm doing allot of 2.4k runs to stretch out my lungs as much as possible before I leave on the 18Th. See you guys in st jean.

jdmoney said:
oh dont be such wipes, just go out :) You guys get to actually "sleep in", the train from windsor leaves at freaking 6am, and it said to be there at five. Now that sucks, lol.

Paintballing is going out  :) That does suck. The plane from Vancouver leaves at 9:10 am PST and arrives around 4 pm EST. So because of the time difference it's really not that long.

I'm going Comm. Research, starting on the 20th.
I'll be heading to St-Jean from North Bay but I am taking a pit stop in Ottawa for the weekend. If anybody else is taking the bus from Ottawa on the 19th, or anywhere else for that matter, and transferring from Ottawa to a Montreal bus, we could set something up. It would certainly make the bus/taxi ride less boring and might make the whole experience a little less stressful.

Dontgo said:
Paintballing is going out  :) That does suck. The plane from Vancouver leaves at 9:10 am PST and arrives around 4 pm EST. So because of the time difference it's really not that long.
Wait for it I'm going for BMOQ at the end of August plane leaves Victoria 2000 3 hour layover in Vancouver, arrives Dorval 0710

A night flight? That's gonna suck too. At least you'll be able to sleep on the plane though.

exactly, no worse than my 22hr flight from Dubai a couple years ago (during OP Appollo) when my middle son was born

For the guys leaving on the 4th, what else did you pack aside from the listed articles to bring? Did you bring extra clothes to wear for once we are able to leave base, mp3 player, heat rubs,  etc etc...

If you packed enough civi clothing for 4 days it should cover you for your 2 day weekends when you are no longer confined to base, as for MP3 Player sure helps pass time while your polishing boots or sewing nametags into your underkeks but don't go overboard with the techno crap, even heat rubs and such, iffy, doesn't hurt but your personal box to store that stuff in is a shoe box.

I bought everything on the list already..... the only things I didn't buy were the coat hangers and the shoe shine kit.  They had CANEX listed beside them in the inventory list, so I figured they wanted us to buy it there...........?

But man, my bag is full with all that stuff I had to buy, not to mention clothes.

You managed to fit everything, including 4 pairs of shoes into one bag?

jdmoney said:
For the guys leaving on the 4th, what else did you pack aside from the listed articles to bring? Did you bring extra clothes to wear for once we are able to leave base, mp3 player, heat rubs,  etc etc...

My sunglasses, haha.

Why do we need 4 pairs of shoes? Did I miss something?

Well, I have two pairs of running shoes and one pair of casuals for the trip.  As well as all detergent, iron, alarm clock.....blah,blah....you have the same list.

I have all that in a big duffel bag and a regular sized backpack which I'll keep on the train.  As for extra clothes, I has a couple shorts, a couple pants (including the ones I'm wearing), 5 t's, a few sweaters, a couple of dress shirts and my leather jacket.  All my other clothing is in storage untill I'm done with all the training, so I hope I have enough.....

Wow I packed light. I only brought what they said to bring so I have 2 carry on bags, but if I wanted to I could cram it in to one.

Back