• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ-April 2009

Good luck guys! Got a buddy home from over there for Easter weekend, needless to say we are going to dip into the beers tomorrow night. He's been telling me how much he loves it but has just gotten used to the not sleeping thing. He just finished his 5th week.
Hope you all do well!

Anyone else getting offers this week? I was supposed to hear by today so I'll be calling them late this afternoon if I don't get the call.

Learn to "Hurry up and Wait". Hopefully you get a call this week, don't plan your week around it. In the meantime, keep running and up the push ups, that way when you do get the call, you're set to go. Maybe I'll see you 27Apr. Good luck.

I just accepted an offer today for my BMQ date of 27th of April. My case is somewhat special. I was originally going to leave on the 6th of April but because of late university exams I had to defer the offer. I originally wanted to leave early May but after finding out that there will not be any BMQ dates in May I was told I had to wait until June or until someone dropped out of their April BMQ date so I could take their spot. For those who are still waiting to hear for BMQ at the end of April, have patience and don't give up hope.

Here is my recruiting process sample:

Recruiting Center: CFRC Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Communicator Research Operator
Trade Choice 2: Signal Operator
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: January 13 2009
First Contact: February 9 2009
CFAT completed: February 18 2009
Medical: March 4 2009
Interview: March 4 2009
Listed: March 12 2009
Position Offered: Communicator Research Operator
Swearing in: April 21 2009
BMQ starts on: April 27 2009

Oh I'm certainly learning the hard way, stefwills haha.
Called them today. I know that my references are being called.. because they've told me, and I'm fairly certain they've called them all. But according to my file, they're still doing the backcheck.
I was told that I MIGHT hear something by Friday.. but if not to "Call back next week."
I'm going to go ahead and assume that if I don't get a call by Friday that I'm not leaving until June.
On that note.. if I were to call them and tell them I would be willing to leave on just 3 or 4 days notice, would that help?
Feel free to rip me apart for that question, just thought I'd ask it anyways.

Firstly, Jmcdona5, Congratulations on your offer, I'll see you at St-Jean, I was stubborn and chose infantry.

LukerB, I am by no means a recruiter, so don't take my word as gospel. When I recently component transferred to the regular force, I told my interviewer that I would leave on one day's notice. He told me that made no difference, the paperwork will be done when it's done. As with anything, prepare for the worst, be ready to go for 27 Apr, but be aware that you may have to wait another month, which just means you should be able to run farther, and do more push-ups.

A very fair statement sir.
Time to do some more waitin' haha. I'll post if I hear anything.

I'm leaving Vancouver on the 18th for the course on the 20th, my trade is Infantry. Getting sworn in tomorrow.

-Brandon

I'll see you guys there after my flight! Good luck to the rest of you.

:salute:
- Melyssa

Back