• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ-April 2009

CDN Aviator said:
Yes but only because i know you will take it in good fun as it was intended.

Yeah, I'm right good like that ;) 

ah Cape Bretonese - it comes out at the oddest times.

NFLD Sapper, that's understandable, but there's no Stat Holiday around that time.  so.... I'm just sayin - seemed a little odd  :D

Lil_T said:
Yeah, I'm right good like that ;) 

ah Cape Bretonese - it comes out at the oddest times.

NFLD Sapper, that's understandable, but there's no Stat Holiday around that time.  so.... I'm just sayin - seemed a little odd  :D

See post above

;D

CDN Aviator said:
For the record, i reported for my basic on a wednesday and course started the following Monday.

Those are two different things then.

Lil_T said:

It struck me as odd too, until the mention of stat holidays.  Easter weekend is 10-13 April so maybe they're starting on a Wednesday due to that.

Speaking recently to my Career Counsellor I am supposedly getting the call this week for probably an early April start date. Woohoo.

For me, its been 4 weeks last wednesday. I called thursday and he said still no update on my status. Im starting to get to anxious.lol

PMedMoe said:
It struck me as odd too, until the mention of stat holidays.  Easter weekend is 10-13 April so maybe they're starting on a Wednesday due to that.

perhaps.

PM inbound

HEY got the call. APR 6 BMQ here i Come any one else?...

Just starting a new topic for April 6 2009 BMQ. St Jean here we come!!!. I am heading for hopefully a distinguished career as a member of RCR. What about everyone else. Whe're ya from? whe're ya going? Good luck to all.
Smitty

I'm on my way to St. Jean on April 6th... I'm still a little concerned about the running aspect, I got my call quicker than expected and I've only been steadily running for about 6 weeks, but I feel pretty confident, I can do 7 minutes straight at 6.5 mph (around 10.5 km/h) at a 2 incline on the treadmill before I need to slow it down a bit to a lighter jog, its still too cold/icy to run outside here as I don't want to risk injury so soon before I go... but I should be fine.

I was accepted as a Vehicle Tech.

awsome welcome man... cant wait. are you nervous yet?

Mostly I'm just nervous on the running... been busting my ass and I'll continue to do that for the next 3 weeks... I don't wanna end up on RFT, but I can get a decent jog/run going for 6-7 minutes on the treadmill at a 2 incline so I should be okay. The weather has been too bad for me to be running outside, I don't want to get injured by falling on ice before I go.

Besides all of that, I am really really excited to go... no real nervousness about anything else at all lol

Just finished my med on monday and they told me to expect to be gone in the next 2 to 3 weeks. My trade is Armored crewmen.

You'll probably get a call soon... mine was like, the next day after my medical passed... so assuming everything was fine on the medical you will probably be there with us too...

Hopefully. They said there were no problems on the med, and that was quick by the way, one day after med. Awsome stuff.

I'm also expecting my medical to clear in the next week or so, I really hope I can make it on the April 6 course it would be a dream come true to finally begin this career.  :camo:

SoldierInTheMaking said:
I'm also expecting my medical to clear in the next week or so, I really hope I can make it on the April 6 course it would be a dream come true to finally begin this career.  :camo:

I'm glad there's people who dream about this career like I do out there.. I am really excited to get started!

Congratulations to everyone that received a start date!!!

Unfortunately i havent received a call yet and it's been 5 weeks as of yesterday the medical. Hopefully i'll get that call this week or early next week and i can join you in this exciting turn of event.

You may want to call them just to check in on your medical... people make mistakes and are human, just checking in is not a bad thing!

Back