• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ and Headphones

Eye In The Sky said:
And there's the difference to me, you've done it.  Having taught on BMQs (CFLRS included), I think it's just so-so myself.  :2c:

May I ask what you find is so-so about the comparison?  (curiosity)

Treemoss said:
your opinion is your opinion. I will say this is a recruits section of the forum and that no matter how constructive you thought you were being you only sparked an argument.

My opinion is based on experience.  As a student, and as an instructor on more than a few BMQs.  I'd hazard a guess that people in the Recruits forum appreciate an informed opinion as much as any other part of the site. 

Cheers

I was hoping for a detail or two :) Like is the basic-up too 'nice'? Does it make training seem too 'easy' or too difficult?
Of course, this is off topic, so someday next year, I'll find out for myself.

It's okay, like I said.  I don't want to comment and go on about the series.  It's a good "benchmark", and we'll leave it at that.  Watch it, get an idea of things.  There's WAY too many episodes to critique them all  8).

Treemoss: like you are learning from Eye In The Sky attitude is EVERYTHING - read between the line of what he is telling you. Don't even attempt to read his tone, no feelings read it all over again monotone as he gives you great advise for basic. The problem with BMQ and advises from us that have been their is a lot like the application process. It is different for everyone. What I find easy you may find hard and visa versa. But let me tell you this. Learn to put a cap on how you handle criticism. CFLRS is exactly that. Eye In The Sky has shared with you that he once instructed BMQ. Therefore I would have found this conversation very intriguing while waiting in the blue break room over hearing the attitude and comebacks as this was discussed in/outside your PLT Office .....

mrjasonc said:
Treemoss: like you are learning from Eye In The Sky attitude is EVERYTHING - read between the line of what he is telling you. Don't even attempt to read his tone, no feelings read it all over again monotone as he gives you great advise for basic. The problem with BMQ and advises from us that have been their is a lot like the application process. It is different for everyone. What I find easy you may find hard and visa versa. But let me tell you this. Learn to put a cap on how you handle criticism. CFLRS is exactly that. Eye In The Sky has shared with you that he once instructed BMQ. Therefore I would have found this conversation very intriguing while waiting in the blue break room over hearing the attitude and comebacks as this was discussed in/outside your PLT Office .....

Noted and thanks, but I've well dropped this topic already. Wasn't stated prior that he had done so until after the fact, so I had no clue prior. Point is I'm not about to re-ignite this.

I think it all depends on the staff, we were allowed to listen to music when we were dismissed. We usually had someone have their music playing while we were prepping for the next day (cleaning rifles, polishing boots, prepping our kit, etc.)

And don't be worried about BMQ it is the easiest of the courses you will take, now SQ was where the fun started for us  :-\ DP1 had its tough moments but its a trade course.

Back