• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ @ 4 Can Div TC Meaford

steamboatwilly

Reaction score
I am looking for a little info on CFB Meaford. I am doing my BMQ there in January and would love to know peoples opinion and/or stories from being there. I asked around with people I know and basically was just told the running jokes about the "Meaford Weather Machine" and how it just generally sucks to be posted there. I heard a couple ghost stories too lol.

One thing I was really curious on is the barracks situation. I've seen all the Truth, Duty, Valour BMQ episodes as well as the Basic Up series - but they were all based out of St. Jean. I asked my buddy if the barracks resembled St. Jeans at all or if it was more Full Metal Jacket style, and he told me its whatever the weather permits LOL. I am going down the Infantry RegF pipeline so I am totally cool with the field but I guess I just wasn't expecting to do basic in the field too? If anyone can confirm or deny what its like for a RegF BMQ there that would be great, thank you.

One thing I was really curious on is the barracks situation. I've seen all the Truth, Duty, Valour BMQ episodes as well as the Basic Up series - but they were all based out of St. Jean. I asked my buddy if the barracks resembled St. Jeans at all or if it was more Full Metal Jacket style

DP1 0188 Gothic Line 8:19 - Figured it out. Would still love to hear any stories about Meaford!

Hey steamboat, I will joining in on the bmq as well in Meaford next month. I too was curious to see how the whole decentralized BMQ training will be because I thought I would be going to St.Jean.. I leave to Ontario Jan 12.. super pumped

Hey steamboat, I will joining in on the bmq as well in Meaford next month. I too was curious to see how the whole decentralized BMQ training will be because I thought I would be going to St.Jean.. I leave to Ontario Jan 12.. super pumped
I thought the same thing, I was watching all the BMQ videos on youtube and they were all at St. Jean's. I've heard that we will have a harder BMQ comparatively to those going to St. Jeans because our cadre are going to be the same cadre from the Infantry DP1s. That being said, basic now vs the basic's we would of seen online are very different. Should be an interesting experience!

We leave/arrive on the same day! I have orders to arrive on the 12th but my course starts on the 17th. If you don't mind me asking - what's your trade?
You'll love Meaford in the winter.🤣
I've heard winter is the best season in Meaford LOL :ROFLMAO:

Haha yeah I am not to sure what to expect but it'll be one hell of a ride.. My trade will be Infantry, I arrive on the 12th and course starts on the 17th as well

Haha yeah I am not to sure what to expect but it'll be one hell of a ride.. My trade will be Infantry, I arrive on the 12th and course starts on the 17th as well
I'm going to take a wild guess and say we could end up in the same platoon haha
Look forward to seeing you there!

Infantry? You'll likely stay in Meaford after BMQ for your initial trades training after that. You'll get to experience all four seasons in one weekend. Watch out for our tank ruts. They've ended a lot of careers before they got started.

I am looking for a little info on CFB Meaford. I am doing my BMQ there in January and would love to know peoples opinion and/or stories from being there. I asked around with people I know and basically was just told the running jokes about the "Meaford Weather Machine" and how it just generally sucks to be posted there. I heard a couple ghost stories too lol.

One thing I was really curious on is the barracks situation. I've seen all the Truth, Duty, Valour BMQ episodes as well as the Basic Up series - but they were all based out of St. Jean. I asked my buddy if the barracks resembled St. Jeans at all or if it was more Full Metal Jacket style, and he told me its whatever the weather permits LOL. I am going down the Infantry RegF pipeline so I am totally cool with the field but I guess I just wasn't expecting to do basic in the field too? If anyone can confirm or deny what its like for a RegF BMQ there that would be great, thank you.
I’m actually heading for BMQ to Meaford January 12th too. Thought I’d make an account and let you know that too! Infantry regF as well.

It’s unfortunate that we don’t have a lot of recourses to find out how it’ll be at DBMQ. I also have so many questions.

I’m hoping we’ll still get a tough but rewarding experience even with covid protocols in place.. I really want the same experience everyone else has had.

Oh well, I guess we’ll find out in 12 days anyway! Hope to see you all there.

What do you want to know?
Just how different it will be both from COVID and because it won’t be at CFLRS.

I’ve seen some videos online of US basic training during the beginning months of covid, and apparently many are saying it’s easier because of the countless COVID protocols in place.

Also, do they not issue the dress uniform for DBMQ? I’ve seen videos of recruits graduating, and wearing their CADPAT.

Thanks for the reply!

I’m actually heading for BMQ to Meaford January 12th too. Thought I’d make an account and let you know that too! Infantry regF as well.

It’s unfortunate that we don’t have a lot of recourses to find out how it’ll be at DBMQ. I also have so many questions.

I’m hoping we’ll still get a tough but rewarding experience even with covid protocols in place.. I really want the same experience everyone else has had.

Oh well, I guess we’ll find out in 12 days anyway! Hope to see you all there.
See you there bro, happy new Years as well

Back