• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ 2019 - Regular Force

jdem007

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I figured I would update my post. As you can see, I have switched to NCM trades as I have a background in Earth Sciences and Physical Geography, more specifically in Geomatics. I previously applied to be an officer but I figured I would like to work in an area that is more related to my field of study. When I went to the first step I received an email mentioning I was successful but I did very poorly in my CFAT. Therefore, I am going to rewrite the test again next week. I have been studying really hard and this time I am making sure that I am prepared.

One thing I would mention to some of you, if you think you did not do well on your CFAT please contact the recruiting office and go talk to an officer to see if it's in your best interest to re-write the test. As I was told, I would have gone through all the steps but would not have never been selected for a position due to my low and poor score on the CFAT. You are applying for a job and the positions are very competitive. Therefore, make sure you do very well on the cfat and everything else.

Though, I received an email today saying that I was selected for the next process which is the medical and interview but I'm going to disregard this email and keep prepping for the test next week.

Best of luck to everyone!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recruiting Center: Ottawa, ON   
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Geomatics Technician
Trade choice 2: Drafting and Survey Tech
Trade choice 3: Sonar Operator
Application date: November 29, 2017
First contact: December 19, 2017
CFAT: January 8th, 2018
CFAT Results: January 12th, 2018- Successful
CFAT Re-write date: April 6th, 2018
Interview: Approved for an interview but will be put on hold
Medical: Approved for the medical assessment but will be put on hold
Med Approved: TBD
Competition list: TBD
Position offered:TBD
Enrolment: TBD
BMQ: TBD

**UPDATE**
Recruiting Center: CFRC Ottawa
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2:
Trade choice 3: 
Application date: 25th April 2018
First contact: 26th April 2018 (Less than 12 hours later)
CFAT: Scheduled for the 23rd of May 2018 (Passed/Qualified)
Interview: TBD
Medical: TBD
Med Approved: TBD
Competition list: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Enrolment: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Had CFAT on 23th and got reponse that i qualified for every occupation on the 25th, waiting for medical and interview date.

Hey,

I was just notified today that my re-enrollment waiver was approved, and all I'm waiting on now to be placed on the competition list is my reliability screening.

My screening was started three weeks ago, I was told my references would be called about two weeks ago, but they still haven't been. Is that something I should be concerned about? Does a reliably check normally take long ?

Trade Choice: Sonar Op
Marine Tech
Boatswain
Application Date (Online): April 14, 2018
Documents Received: May 7
File Transferred to CFRC: April 16
First Contact: April 17
Second Contact: April 31
Medical: May 7 Done
Interview: May 7 Done
Recruit School bypass granted April 18
Re-enrollment waiver: Approved May 28
Security clearance:
Merit/competition listed:

Gsc023 said:
I was told my references would be called about two weeks ago, but they still haven't been. Is that something I should be concerned about? Does a reliably check normally take long ?

References on my application Superthread
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12763.650
29 pages.

Security Check/Level Superthread
https://army.ca/forums/threads/1399.175
43 pages.

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of up to date, official information.

Update

Recruiting Center: CFRC Regina
Trade choice 2: 
Trade choice 3:
Application date: January 31, 2018
First contact: February 8, 2018
CFAT: November, 2014 ( Didn't proceed with application back then )
Interview: March 15, 2018
Medical: March 15, 2018
Competition Listed: May 17, 2018
Position offered: TBD
Enrollment:        TBD
BMQ:                TBD

( Spoke with a file manager and found out the date I was competition listed. )

Did my interview today. According to the recruiter I will be on the competition list in 2 or 3 weeks.

Brandon.U said:
Second Update!
Recruiting Center: CFRC Regina
Trade choice 2: 
Trade choice 3:
Application date: January 31, 2018
First contact: February 8, 2018
CFAT: November, 2014 ( Didn't proceed with application back then )
Interview: March 15, 2018
Medical: March 15, 2018
Competition Listed: May 17, 2018
Position offered: May 31, 2018
Enrollment:        August 22, 2018
BMQ:                I believe my file manager said that I would fly out September 1st, and start BMQ September 3

I can't put it into words how excited I am, Hope to see some of you there!

Does anyone know how I can go about getting the next selection dates for my trades (sonar op, and mar tech). The last step in my application was.my security screening and it had been returned to.my recruitment center, just waiting for the commanding officer to sign off on it and I'll be competition listed.

Thanks

Gsc023 said:
Does anyone know how I can go about getting the next selection dates for my trades (sonar op, and mar tech). The last step in my application was.my security screening and it had been returned to.my recruitment center, just waiting for the commanding officer to sign off on it and I'll be competition listed.

Thanks

Selection Dates thread here, Buck may know. https://army.ca/forums/threads/112790/post-1534272.html#msg1534272

Hey guys,

I am applying for reg force navy, sonar op is my trade of choice, among mar tech and nci op. My file manager is saying I will probably get sonar op since it is priority.

The last step in my application was my security clearance, which was approved on June 6th but I have not yet been competition listed.

The next selection is June 20th, does anyone know if based my normal.time lines if I would make the competition list before then?

Thanks

Hey I’m about to apply for infantry full time in three weeks, how long does it take to get accepted.

I’ve done a lot of research, just wondering how long y’all waited I heard like 6-12 months is that accurate?

Canadian_beast said:
I’ve done a lot of research, just wondering how long y’all waited I heard like 6-12 months is that accurate?

Applied July 2017, received my offer  first week of May 2018.

Update: I just found out today that I have been put on the competition list. Yay! Hopefully I will have an offer soon.

Updated:

Recruiting Center: Ottawa
Trade Choice 1: FSA
Application Date: Oct 1 2017
First Contact: Oct 4 2017
CFAT: Oct 24 2017
Medical: Dec 7 2017
Interview: Dec 7 2017
References: Feb 2 2018
Background: Feb 22 2018
Additional medical forms in: Apr 23 2018
Medical cleared: May 25 2018
Competition listed: May 29 2018
Position Offered: Jun 24 2018
Enrolment: Jul 31 2018
BMQ: Aug 20 2018

Can’t wait! 🙂🙂🙂

Rampo said:
I was informed that my file is very competitive and that as a visible minority I may get a call due to the fact that Canada has to hire according to Employment Equity Act.

This act is suppose to break barrier and discrimination over minorities and certain group of people. Technically, if two person have exactly the same qualifications, priority might be given to one from minorities. But it is rarely the case, has every person are different, so it is often given to the more competitive person.

That being said, I do not work for CF and I do not know if they work with quotas, like Quebec public sector and police do. (Which is for me pure stupidity) But if CF do not use quotas, you would have the same chances as your peers and will be selected out of your competivness only!

Good day

Hey guys. Does anyone here know when selections are for navy nci op or sonar op?

I have been competition listed for a week or two, but have been both trades are currently in high priority and it's currently a continuous selection. I am a bmq bypass if that changes anything.

Thanks

Back