• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ 2018 - Regular Force

Why would you be taking BMQ twice?

Adrien15 said:
BMQ on October 22nd, anyone else going to be on this course?

Adrien15 said:
I will be there aswell, my trade will be infantryman

I released in 2016 on week 5 of BMQ, i have Re-enrolled therefore going back to basic this october

Adrien15 said:
I released in 2016 on week 5 of BMQ, i have Re-enrolled therefore going back to basic this october

Aha, that makes much more sense. Thank you.

Hey I looked around the forum and couldn’t see anything on whether the 13km march  has in fact been reduced to 5km. This was reported a few months back and I’m wondering if BMQ and or BMOQ has updated the course reflect the new lesser distance requirement. 

Correct, the 13 km March is no more and yes I know for sure that the July 2 BMOQ this year reflected that. I understand that BMQ also changed.

Schwartzie55 said:
Correct, the 13 km March is no more and yes I know for sure that the July 2 BMOQ this year reflected that. I understand that BMQ also changed.

Oh man this is music to my ears. Thank you for the feedback. Could totally do it but it’s a lot of wear and tear on these ol’ Bones and tendons. Obstacles, running bursts, Sleep deprivation - no problem. But rubbing tendons on bones repetitively for hours on end- that’s just pointless exposure to long term issues.

ontheedge said:
Oh man this is music to my ears. Thank you for the feedback. Could totally do it but it’s a lot of wear and tear on these ol’ Bones and tendons. Obstacles, running bursts, Sleep deprivation - no problem. But rubbing tendons on bones repetitively for hours on end- that’s just pointless exposure to long term issues.
Rucking is part of being in the Army, and it's a battle task standard to complete a 12km march. It may not be at BMOQ, but if you join the Army you are going to ruck. If that doesn't sound acceptable, find a NavRes unit near you to join.

ontheedge said:

There are a lot of other repetitive movements with and without weight you’ll encounter during course, which will possibly aggravate what you mentioned, so be prepared.

ontheedge said:
ontheedge said:
Hey I looked around the forum and couldn’t see anything on whether the 13km march  has in fact been reduced to 5km. This was reported a few months back and I’m wondering if BMQ and or BMOQ has updated the course reflect the new lesser distance requirement.

bmq has a 5km ruck march in week 3-4  and an 8km ruck march in week 6, aswell in Normandy week 9 you do the march and shoot which is 3.8k to the range than 3.8k back.
just finished bmq last week and this is how all the platoons have scheduled 

Or if you get posted to a 2 Brigade unit, the 20+km Rucking Bear is always fun too.

The 5km ruck is an absolute minimum...be prepared to do a lot more.

sidemount said:
Or if you get posted to a 2 Brigade unit, the 20+km Rucking Bear is always fun too.

The 5km ruck is an absolute minimum...be prepared to do a lot more.

Whats the pace of the ruck would you say, on km/h?

I want to add some of that to my work out routine before i leave for St Jean

Back