• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ 2018 - Regular Force

Alpha 31

Inactive
Reaction score
When are the intake dates for the B.M.Q. ?  I have passed all the qualifications for Infantry Soldier and my file is currently merit listed for a position.  The recruiter at the centre explained that it would take an estimated two week time frame before they would contact me for a job offer.  I am wondering if when they call to give you the date to attent the B.M.Q. what the time line is from the call to attending the B.M.Q.  to get all your personal affairs set in place before you go. 

I only choose Infantry on my application and I am wondering if all Infantry applicants who are offered a position attend the 10-week Basic Military Qualification (BMQ) course at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec ?

As far as I know from last speaking to the recruitment office, my file is merit listed in Borden Ontario for Infantry solider.  Is this position in high demand right now ? I am eager to giddy up.

as far as i know, combat arms, infantry and stuff like that are in very high demand right now, i was selected to go april 1st for my bmq in borden for infantry possision

The BMQ's have constant intake dates.  The trade you want, and the positions available in that trade are what determine how quickly you will get picked up.  Considering the time of year, you should be prepared to leave pretty quickly.  Sometimes you get a few weeks notice and other times you are notified,enrolled and gone in even less time.    :eek:

oakly congrats bro. Hopefully I get a call soon.  Infantry is in high demand right now ? 

infantry is in really high demand....if everything works well with your files, im extremely sure you'll be going april 1st with OAKLEY and me..im going reg infantry ppcli ...bmq april 1 Borden Ontario ....hope to see ya there and good luck!

brandon_g said:
infantry is in really high demand....if everything works well with your files, im extremely sure you'll be going april 1st with OAKLEY and me..im going reg infantry ppcli ...bmq april 1 Borden Ontario ....hope to see ya there and good luck!

when did they call you ? 

If you are interested in Basic Military Qualification (BMQ) Course dates in St Jean, Quebec follow this link:

Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School < This link gives you most of the information you and your family will need as to Course Dates, Graduation Dates, Information for the visitors, How to get to the Saint-Jean Garrison, contact info, etc.

[Updated 2013-10-03]

Hey all,

First off wanna say thanks to the admins of this page because you huys do a great job.  First time poster long time reader. 

My file manager has informed me I should receive job offer with next 4 weeks.  Anyone knows what BMQ I would be slotted in?  Anyone have 2018 BMQ yet? Looking forward to it and the end of this long process. 

-AVN hopeful

** Staff Edit title to add - Regular Force. **

SlickHandzAVN said:
Hey all,

First off wanna say thanks to the admins of this page because you huys do a great job.  First time poster long time reader. 

My file manager has informed me I should receive job offer with next 4 weeks.  Anyone knows what BMQ I would be slotted in?  Anyone have 2018 BMQ yet? Looking forward to it and the end of this long process. 

-AVN hopeful

Furthest one I've seen so far is November 13th. So maybe that one or one later in the month, but because of Christmas leave Nov 13th COULD be the last BMQ intake, I'm not sure. I know there is a cut off date so that recruits can reach a certain point in BMQ before Xmas leave.

Hmm makes sense, thank you for the quick reply.  I guess itd be better for Jan start so there is no break :p

Hey man, just got my job offer today. BMQ Jan. 8th as well. What are you going in for? I'm in for VEH TECH

Q.Lamb said:
Hey man, just got my job offer today. BMQ Jan. 8th as well. What are you going in for? I'm in for VEH TECH

Awesome!  Congrats man.  It shall be a good group.  Im in for AVN or aviation systems tech. :evil:  where abouts are you at??

Hey guys got the call also for January 8th! Can't wait, going in for Marine Tech.

We should make a Facebook group for all of us.

See you guys soon.

Sweet, just another 9 weeks. When did you start your application?

Grats on the news lad!  And i agree on the fb group.  I think there may be one made already I will post in this thread tomorrow to confirm.

ladnav96 said:
Applied around August
Did the aptitude in end of August
Medical and interview in September
got called last week

You?

Q.Lamb said:
Recruiting center: CFRC Winnipeg
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: VEH TECH
Application Date: July 25, 2017
First contact: July 31, 2017
CFAT: August 2, 2017 (Passed with flying colours)
Medical: September 20, 2017  (Passed)
Interview: September 20, 2017(Passed)
Merit listed: October 4, 2017
Position Offered: Pending
Enrollment: Pending
BMQ: Pending

Big M for the win lol.

JAN 2018 BMQ is officially the facebook group!  All january starts feel free to join.  If you cannot find on facebook send me a message!

Back