• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

Congrats! Looking forward to meeting you. Now we know of 2/60!

There are 2 BMOQ during the same time.
L0070E & L0071E
September 5, 2016 - December 8, 2016

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

Just some friendly advice.

1. Get in shape.
Change your diet so you loose weight. Start running. No one cares for what kind of excuses people have about why you weren't able to get fit.  If you don't get in shape before you hit the course you'll fall out of PT on day one and everything else you do will be 50 times harder because your body is hurting. Then you'll start down the path of the dark side AKA the MIR 2&5 day chit routine.

2. Be prepared to lose contact with family.
Let your friends and family know you'll be losing your cellphone/access to the internet for a while. Possibly weeks. People have quit the course and released from the military because they lost access to their cells. Your staff has heard all the excuses imaginable why *you* need to be on your phone or why you need to talk to your wife every night. (she has anxeity bla bla) If you need to be in constant communication with home you probably shouldn't go on course.

3. If you had an easy basic be prepared for a culture shock.

Eng_AF said:
Congrats folks! I'm joining as an AERE. Can't wait to meet you guys.
Congratulations ,
You are one of lucky person who got AERE job offer - I heard only 3 AERE this year.
You can join our facebook group if you wish.

Hey everyone! Congratulations all round.

Starting September 5th as well. Going in as MARS.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

I'll see you guys there. Going for Infantry Officer. Traveling from Toronto. 

I was wondering if anyone received a loading message for the new BMOQ-L pilot course this September in Gagetown? I'm ready to to go!

Are you sure it's still being run? I have a couple buddies on PAT platoon waiting for their BMOQ-A course and were told there would not be one in September. I could be wrong though, it's been a couple weeks since I heard that.

I'm loaded on this course, received my message while I was on LTA about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know what's different about this pilot course compared to the old one?

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know when the 2017 BMOQs are?  I know there is one January 16th, 2017.  Have the dates for February to April 2017 been released yet?

Thanks for any assistance provided :)

Good day,

Im currently in the last leg of the recruitment process. My plar came back and I have been granted an exemption for phase one of BMOQ. I was wondering if I have a choice in this. Could I ask to ignore the exemption and redo the whole thing? I`ve been out of the military since 08-09, and I would like to go through basic as any new recruit would. Is that possible?

(Old thread but I figured it was the most relevant to my question, Mods feel free to move)

Alpha dog said:
Im currently in the last leg of the recruitment process. My plar came back and I have been granted an exemption for phase one of BMOQ. I was wondering if I have a choice in this. Could I ask to ignore the exemption and redo the whole thing? I`ve been out of the military since 08-09, and I would like to go through basic as any new recruit would. Is that possible?

Probably not and why would you want to repeat doing the "basics" which you more than likely already know and are more than capable of doing. 

The purpose of the PLAR is to recognize prior service and or academic/professional qualifications which "exempt" you from portions of the intial training (ie; saving money for the CAF).

Hi bscriber,

I also heard the next course was january 16th 2017 in french and english.

And i heard the very next course right after that is may 8th 2017 but i don't know if there is a french and english platoon.

If someone else have the info it would be great.

Envoyé de mon SGH-M919 en utilisant Tapatalk

Pathfinder37 said:
Hi bscriber,

I also heard the next course was january 16th 2017 in french and english.

And i heard the very next course right after that is may 8th 2017 but i don't know if there is a french and english platoon.

If someone else have the info it would be great.

Envoyé de mon SGH-M919 en utilisant Tapatalk

I`ve read somewhere here that there`s also one starting around February 20th i think.

Back