• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

I'm still waiting to do a bunch of tests.. (med/fit/etc)  :(

bah! have fun guys! I continue to live vicariously through you!

Interview/Medical on the 16th, you guys/gals think I have a shot of making June BMOQ???

Regards!

Wincity said:
Interview/Medical on the 16th, you guys/gals think I have a shot of making June BMOQ???

Regards!

Anything is possible! My CO apparently got his call 4 days before he was scheduled to leave for Basic, so it's possible people could still be getting offers even in May. What occupation are you going for?

TinaCaprii said:
I'm still waiting to do a bunch of tests.. (med/fit/etc)  :(

bah! have fun guys! I continue to live vicariously through you!

Thanks. The application process could be a big test of patience, but the end result makes everything worth it. Good luck!  :)

theforcewithin said:
Anything is possible! My CO apparently got his call 4 days before he was scheduled to leave for Basic, so it's possible people could still be getting offers even in May. What occupation are you going for?

Infantry, Armour and Artillery. I know these trades get a lot of applicants, that's why I'm curious.

Hoping for the best!  :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

theforcewithin said:

Let's also remember that the times have changed since your CO enlisted.

Wincity said:
Infantry, Armour and Artillery. I know these trades get a lot of applicants, that's why I'm curious.

Hoping for the best!  :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

There are no Armoured Officer slots open for this year, so doubt you would be offered that specific trade..

KerryBlue said:
There are no Armoured Officer slots open for this year, so doubt you would be offered that specific trade..

Any word on infantry or artillery?

I've heard from an infantry applicant that there are 80 spots but that's just third hand news, can't confirm anything. In any event, good luck to you.

theforcewithin said:
Thanks. The application process could be a big test of patience, but the end result makes everything worth it. Good luck!  :)

oooh yes!... whats a few months waiting to 20+ years of service? lol I'm waiting patiently....  :waiting:

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering, but if you're applying to be an officer in the reserves, would you be placed in this BMOQ as well? I just noticed that everyone accepted so far seems to be regular force.

chipinator said:
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering, but if you're applying to be an officer in the reserves, would you be placed in this BMOQ as well? I just noticed that everyone accepted so far seems to be regular force.

No. From what I've been told, Reserve Officers will train with their home unit on weekends for BMOQ.

TinaCaprii said:
oooh yes!... whats a few months waiting to 20+ years of service? lol I'm waiting patiently....  :waiting:

It could be a few years... :-\ However, from your list of trades, I have been advised that there are many RMS Clerk positions for this fiscal year, so here's to hoping the wait isn't that long!

Usually the Reserves will run two parts of BMOQ, of approx two weeks.  Then their successful candidates will go to CTC Gagetown and attend BMOQ-L with their Regular Force counterparts.

For answers to when and where these courses will be run, ASK YOUR OPERATIONS AND TRAINING WARRANT OFFICER AT YOUR UNIT.  They will have the information and be loading you on courses.

I'm just wondering what the food situation is like in BMOQ.  Are we allowed to keep things like protein bars?  I saw in another post there are vending machines but I'm not looking to eat junk food. How often do we get to eat meals and is it a set amount or can we go back for 2nd's and 3rd's if we're hungry at each meal.  ;D

I'm sure this sounds weird but I eat A LOT haha.

You cannot keep your own food.  You won't have time for 2nd's or 3rd's.  3 meals per day: breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Back