• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

neo148 said:
Hello everyone,

I have just CT'ed to Pilot, after being a reservist in the Artillery for 7 years and was informed that I will be starting the second part of BMOQ at the beginning of March. I have gone over the joining instructions and have also asked around for more information, but I still have a few questions that I hope someone can shed some light on.

1. What exactly happens to my issued kit? I was told by one source that I essentially keep all of my army issued kit, and get additional Air Force kit in St Jean, while somebody else told me that I will have to hand in all of the army kit once I arrive in St Jean, and then sign out the kit required for BMOQ.

2. How difficult is it for someone to join a BMOQ course halfway? The more I think about it, the more I worry, given that the candidates have had 8 weeks already to set the standard for inspections, etc.

According to the work flow process for CTing and when it comes to clothing....."a member transferring from the P Res to the Reg F does not have to return issued clothing kit, however, a copy of the clothing documents are to be retained by Unit Supply for accounting purposes and the original clothing docs are to be sent to the member’s gaining Reg F unit. Items on Temp issue such as the member’s weapon are to be returned to Unit Supply".  I can only assume that this process will vary from unit to unit.  But I would think, that this would be a really good time, to get rid of the old stuff and opt for new whilst you have the chance.

As far as joining a BMOQ course part way through, it happens all the time and nothing to be concerned with.  You will most likely find yourself much more experienced than the group you are joining.

Good luck!

neo148 said:
Hello everyone,

I have just CT'ed to Pilot, after being a reservist in the Artillery for 7 years and was informed that I will be starting the second part of BMOQ at the beginning of March. I have gone over the joining instructions and have also asked around for more information, but I still have a few questions that I hope someone can shed some light on.

1. What exactly happens to my issued kit? I was told by one source that I essentially keep all of my army issued kit, and get additional Air Force kit in St Jean, while somebody else told me that I will have to hand in all of the army kit once I arrive in St Jean, and then sign out the kit required for BMOQ.

2. How difficult is it for someone to join a BMOQ course halfway? The more I think about it, the more I worry, given that the candidates have had 8 weeks already to set the standard for inspections, etc.

DAA is right. I can fill you in a bit more about BMOQ phase 2. Phase 2 is essentially the core leadership part of Basic Training for Officers. You will learn how to do your Battle Procedure, section orders, lead section attacks etc...There are some field portions where you will have to demonstrate your leadership by leading your section on missions. As for being worried, don't be. Although you are coming halfway in, you already have military experience which brings your knowledge above all others who have just joined. All of your instructors also will know this fact and you will find they will give you all the necessary information. You will be attached to a section and you also will be assigned a fire team partner. Your own section will give you the run down to the day-to-day activities required by the platoon...timings, routine orders, meals, weapon information etc...All in all, go in with an open mind, work hard, and have a good attitude - You will be fine.

Cheers
M

Just wondering if anyone has been offered a job for the next BMOQ. I've read that the first one started in January. Just wondering where I stand right now. I was merit listed as MARS back in late October. Thanks!

tdccanadian said:
Just wondering if anyone has been offered a job for the next BMOQ. I've read that the first one started in January. Just wondering where I stand right now. I was merit listed as MARS back in late October. Thanks!

The answer to your question is the same answer that I gave you yesterday for the exact same question.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/118117/post-1354104.html#msg1354104

Sorry to bother you, just wondering if anyone had received an offer. Not sure how the application process works, it's my first time!

tdccanadian said:
Sorry to bother you, just wondering if anyone had received an offer. Not sure how the application process works, it's my first time!

No one will get an offer until the selections for DEO are scheduled and that won't happen until approx 60 days prior to the start of the next BMOQ, which at the present time isn't until the end of Aug.  So selections won't be done until sometime in Jun with offers going out end Jun or early Jul.

Is this DEO for just MARS or all DEO trades? I'm asking specifically in regards to pilot and I'm just curious if this means I shouldn't get my hopes up for April

GPKJerry said:
Is this DEO for just MARS or all DEO trades? I'm asking specifically in regards to pilot and I'm just curious if this means I shouldn't get my hopes up for April

This is for ALL DEO Occupations.  So if you are currently applying under the DEO Entry Plan or are already Merit Listed, don't expect to get an offer until probably mid-Jul at the earliest!!!

tdccanadian said:

See you there (lets hope), MARS as well!  :salute:

I still have my aptitude, medical and interview to get through, but I have noticed that people are seeming to get through the process a bit faster.

I hope I can get to BMQ soon! (fall would be nice, sooner the better!)

Getting excited, Jacob!

Bruins91, Training Development Officer for me, and it's a DEO platoon! ;D

eharps, Good luck! Hoping you'll be golden in a few months.  :salute:

Jacobs I too got a MARS offer for June 1st BMOQ, i swear in next Thursday in Fredericton. We will be spending a lot of time together! I am excited to meet you all

Back