• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

Buck_HRA said:
This is the information available to me at the moment and is subject to change based on the needs of the CAF and CFLRS (i.e. I am NOT posting on behalf of either organization)

Upcoming start dates for BMOQ:
8-May-17
15-May-17
28-Aug-17

There are various June & July dates for BMOQ Mod 1 ONLY and normally used for ROTP candidates.

Cheers

Thank you so much for these and all your information!

Hopefully there is a selection soon for DEO MARS for the new fiscal so I can maybe get on in May. Crossing fingers and hoping!

Thanks for the update! I hope there will be another JAG board in time for the August date :)

I also received an offer for DEO Pilot for this session.
Looking forward to it!

Always good to hear when new course dates are starting up (especially for those of us this "late" in the process - sitting on the Merit List!). Hopefully I'll be hearing some good news in time for these dates.  :nod:

After Feb, 2017, when is the next BMOQ planned in 2017?

Recruiting Center: Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM:  Officer (ROTP)
Trade Choice 1: Armour
CFAT: Apr 29, 2016 - Passed
Medical: Dec 20, 2016 - Passed
Interview: Dec 20, 2016 - Completed
Background Checks: Feb, 2017 - Completed
Merit listed: Waiting
Enrollment :
BMOQ:

The next one is in May, then I think for DEOs there is nothing until September.

I think for you ROTPs there are some during the summer.  I'd contact your recruiting centre to find out for sure.

Good luck!  I'm still waiting for mine... [:D

Buck_HRA said:
This is the information available to me at the moment and is subject to change based on the needs of the CAF and CFLRS (i.e. I am NOT posting on behalf of either organization)

8-May-17
15-May-17
28-Aug-17

There are various June & July dates for BMOQ Mod 1 ONLY and normally used for ROTP candidates.

Cheers

BMOQ in May are in French also, or only in English ?

Update to above please note that the 8-May BMOQ is an ROTP serial and there is Anglo & Franco to that serial.
Otherwise the next Franco BMOQ for DEO is not scheduled until August.

Thank you very much for the dates.

For each BMOQ, are people from the merit lists of all trades selected, or does each BMOQ focus on a select few trades?

The only occupations that get their own BMOQ are Chaplain (and sometimes Medical Officer); otherwise BMOQs will have all occupations on it.

Is it feasible that August 28th BMOQ will start filling up around March/April or is that too soon and they will still be working on May BMOQs?

Buck_HRA said:

8-May-17
15-May-17
28-Aug-17

Cheers

I am currently ROTP in Year 1 at a Local University and need to go for BMOQ in the summer. I am a former CPL though and am only going to be sent for Phase 2 of BMOQ. Would I expect to be sent for 8/15 May? Or would I be sent for aprox 26Jun/3Jul (7 weeks after initial start date) until 14/21 Aug (another 7 weeks after that)?

Good Day,

The 8/15 May are full BMOQ's.  I'm not at work at the moment but from my memory I only have full BMOQ and BMOQ Mod 1 dates.
As you're currently already in the CAF (since you state you're Year 1 ROTP) you should speak with your ULO to determine what your dates are.

Best Regards

Buck_HRA said:
Good Day,

The 8/15 May are full BMOQ's.  I'm not at work at the moment but from my memory I only have full BMOQ and BMOQ Mod 1 dates.
As you're currently already in the CAF (since you state you're Year 1 ROTP) you should speak with your ULO to determine what your dates are.

Best Regards

Good morning Buck_HRA, so the way I understand is May 8th is reserved for ROTP entry and then ones for DEO are May 15th and August 28th. Is there a chance the May 15th one may already be full at this stage?

Thank you once again for all your information.

Hello everyone, just out of curiosity, has anyone yet to receive an offer letter for BMOQ May 8,2017 for ROTP?  [:)

Buck_HRA said:
Good Day,

Best Regards

I've talked to my recruiter and he's told me that my medical/interview will be scheduled for April as my LOG has a note to have my file ready for a job offer for May 9th. Does this mean they're planning on shipping me away to the May 15th BMOQ? My recruiter isn't aware of any BMOQ start dates so he couldn't assist me with this question.

Thanks!

cbillin said:
as my LOG has a note to have my file ready for a job offer for May 9th
Thanks!

I am wondering if you may have misunderstood the information given to you. 

Normally there are not notes stated to have a job offer ready by a specific date with the exception of if someone is to be picked up in a specific Fiscal Year (i.e. MOTP candidates that are being picked up for Fiscal Year 16/17 have a note stating that they need to have their file completed by 31-Mar but there is no specific date beyond that).

Back