• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ 2019 - Regular Force

Recruiting Center: CFRC Regina
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2:
Trade choice 3:
Application date: January 31, 2018
First contact: Febuary 8, 2018
CFAT: November, 2014 ( Didn't proceed with application back then )
Interview: March 15, 2018 - Passed
Medical: March 15, 2018 - Passed
Competition listed: Sometime around late April, early May.
Position offered: TBD
Enrolment: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Hoping to hear soon!  :nod:

Received an offer through email this morning but I only checked my emails tonight. I'll have to call them on Monday to say I accept the offer.

:D

After over 3 years I finally got my offer! It's been quite the journey with the steps and sometimes I got frustrated with the waiting and with how long it was taking but I'm so happy it's finally here. For those who have been waiting for a long time, hang in there and savor each milestone, as long as they haven't said no, things will move along. This is what my process was like:

Recruiting Center: CFRC Calgary
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade Choice 1: Logistics
Trade Choice 2: Healthcare Administration
Trade Choice 3: Pilot/AEC
Application Date: Mar 24, 2015
First Contact: May 5, 2015
CFAT Completed: May 26, 2015
Pre-Sec Interview (I'm a dual citizen and I did an academic exchange in France): Jul 28, 2015
File Sent to Ottawa: Jul 31, 2015
Pre-Sec forms expired after a year, had to re-sign and re-interview: Oct 18, 2016 (They threw me a bone by allowing me to chat with medical tech who promptly informed me that my vision ruled me out for pilot. Changed Pilot to AEC).
Updated Trade Choice 3 to AEC: Oct 18, 2016
Security clearance assessed - No security Objections: Oct 18, 2017
Advised to drop AEC from file to speed up processing by eliminating Aircrew Selection as they weren't loading for that until February the next year: Oct 30, 2017
Interview: Nov 23, 2017
Medical: Nov 23, 2017
Medical forms from Dr. & Optometrist dropped off: Nov 27, 2017
Medical sent to Ottawa: Nov 30, 2017
Competition Listed: Dec 1-15, 2017
Selected: May 14, 2018
Position Offered (Healthcare Administration): May 28, 2018
Enrolment/Swear in: Aug 16, 2018
BMOQ: Sep 10, 2018

JP4422 said:
Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Trade choice 1: Infantry (Accepted)
Trade choice 2: Artillery
Trade choice 3: Armoured
Application date: September 13, 2017
First contact: October 13, 2017
CFAT: October 26, 2017
Interview: November 20, 2017
Medical: November 20, 2017
Competition Listed: January, 2018
Position offered: May 30, 2018
Enrollment: June 20, 2018
BMOQ: July 2, 2018
Hey JP, Im curious about your BMOQ date here. On the CFLRS website, the BMOQ serials for July 2 are M0001E and M0002E. Both were added over a month ago and just runs for a month long. Are these serials for ROTP?

Just received my offer for ROTP- Civ U (Inf O). Thank you everyone on the forum for their help, especially Buck_HRA. I am glad to have found this community who shares their experiences so well and helps others out in such a kind way.

-James

Kratz,
My bad, should've read through before I asked. Do you happen to know what the other serials starting in F and Q BMOQ's are for?

Armour8 said:
Recruiting Center: Hamilton
Officer/NCM:  Officer
Entry Plan: ROTP - Civilian University
First Choice: Infantry
2nd and 3rd Choice: Armour, Artillery
CFAT: Apr 29, 2016 - Passed
Medical and Interview: Nov 02, 2017 - Passed
Background Checks: Dec 19, 2017 - Completed
Included in Merit/Competition List: Jan, 2018
Offer : TBD
BMOQ: TBD

I got offer letter so my update is

Officer/NCM:  Officer
Entry Plan: ROTP - Civilian University
First Choice: Infantry
2nd and 3rd Choice: Armour, Artillery
CFAT: Apr 29, 2016 - Passed
Medical and Interview: Nov 02, 2017 - Passed
Background Checks: Dec 19, 2017 - Completed
Included in Merit/Competition List: Jan, 2018
Offer : May 31, 2018 (Infantry)
Enrol/Swear in: Jun 20, 2018
BMOQ: July 02, 2018

Recruiting Centre: Regina (SK)
Entry plan: Regular DEO
Choice 1: PILOT (Dropped)
Choice 2: MARS/NWO
Choice 3: ARMOUR OFFICER

Applied:        July 31/17
First Contact: Oct 03/17
CFAT/TSD:    Oct 24/17
Medical:        Nov 16/17
MOST:          Mar 09/18
Interview:     Mar 09/18
Medical supplementary forms submitted: Nov 22/17
Merit Listed:  Mar 12/18
Position Offered:   June 15/18 - NWO
Swearing In:   Aug 29/18
BMOQ:   Sep 10/18

Its been a journey. ;D

Recruiting Center: Edmonton   
Trade choice 1: Signals
Application date: December 4, 2017
First contact: December 5, 2017
CFAT: January 31, 2018
Medical: February 14, 2018
Interview: March 2, 2018
Competition list: ?
Position offered: May 16, 2018
Enrolment: August 15, 2018
BMOQ: September 10, 2018

I just wanted to add in my part. Thank you to everyone here for contributing.

Officer/NCM: DEO
Trade Choice 1: Signals
Application Date: April 19, 2017
CFAT: July 31, 2017
Medical: March 1, 2018
Interview: March 1, 2018
Competition listed: Sometime in May, 2018
Position Offered: -
Enrolment: -
BMOQ: -

I originally applied for LOG DEO back in 2017. By the time I wrote the CFAT and got my files together, it was informed to be that the positions had been filled. I ended up closing my file around October only to reopen them in January (The CAF website said that they were hiring for LOG DEO again). This was an error and the positions were all filled. However, the CFRC informed me that I do not have to close my file so I kept it open and added other trades as well (ARMD and ARTY). I was chosen for further processing for the combat roles and took my medical and interview. Everything went smoothly except my VA on medical. Due to my sight, I did not meet the requirements for combat roles. By this time, the new fiscal year had started so I had placed LOG DEO as 1st choice, and SIG DEO as 2nd.

Now fast forward just a little, I had called the CFRC for an insight/opinion on my application (I asked how competitive my file is and if I had a good chance of getting a call). I was informed that my file is very competitive and that as a visible minority I may get a call due to the fact that Canada has to hire according to Employment Equity Act. I have also decided to remove LOG altogether and focus on SIG as trying to get in as a LOG DEO hasn't been working for me.

I decided to share my current progress as posts from others had helped me personally.

Just curious...I had my interview two weeks ago. The recruiter said I have met all the qualifications for NWO naval warfare officer. He said there were 25 positions available. Also said I would be waiting a few months. Should I call and check with the recruiting office regularly? What does it mean "competition listed"? How many months are considered a few...two, three, six??

jeroboam said:
What does it mean "competition listed"?

Competition List Questions (formally called Merit List)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12776.0
19 pages.

"Rank: PO2"?
https://milnet.ca/forums/members/121683

Hi. NWO positions are currently only via DEO. Hang tight, you’ll get the call at some point

Try to get as much information from your RCs as possible, and keep yourselves informed from all sources. Best of luck to you all!

Recruiting Center: Toronto
Trade Choice #1: Infantry
Trade Choice #2: Armour
Trade Choice #3: Artillery
Initial Application: July 2016
First Contact and CFAT: August 2016
Reliability Screening Completed: April 2017
Pre-Sec Completed: October 2017
Interview: November 2017
Medical: November 2017
Competition Listed: November 2017
Selected (Infantry): Mid-June 2018
Updated Medical: 03 July 2018
Position Offered: 03 July 2018
Updated Reliability Screening: July 2018
Swearing In: 12 December 2018
BMOQ: 21 January 2019

Hello all :

I heard from my recruiter on June 19 that I am on the competition list and that there was an ROTP selection on June 26.  I have not heard anything since then.

Do you think if I still have a chance to be selected/admitted to an ROTP-AEC this week or next week to join the BMOQ module 1 (5 weeks) starting on July 23 and the RMCC in Kingston on August 25? 

Have the CFRG already selected all officer cadets who will start the 1st year RMC from Aug 25?

If I am not selected for the 2018 RMC, what should I have to do? ( waiting for the next year ?)

Please give me your advice/comments about this.

Thanks.

Went to see a recruiter on June 29, and he said I was still comp listed, with 1 position left for my selected trade, so it was still possible to get a call.

There are still chances you have been selected, but slim to none. Honestly I suggest you just go down and talk to a recruiter about your file, he'll give you up to date info on your application status.

I can't answer your other question, good luck.

kingstondreamer said:
Hello all :

I heard from my recruiter on June 19 that I am on the competition list and that there was an ROTP selection on June 26.  I have not heard anything since then.

Do you think if I still have a chance to be selected/admitted to an ROTP-AEC this week or next week to join the BMOQ module 1 (5 weeks) starting on July 23 and the RMCC in Kingston on August 25? 

Have the CFRG already selected all officer cadets who will start the 1st year RMC from Aug 25?

If I am not selected for the 2018 RMC, what should I have to do? ( waiting for the next year ?)

Please give me your advice/comments about this.

Thanks.

I was holding off on this for a bit since I wanted to post only when everything was done.

Recruiting Center: Toronto
Trade choice 1: Signals Officer
Trade choice 2: CELE Officer
Trade choice 3: N/A
Application date: March 6th, 2018
First contact: March 8th, 2018
CFAT: March 28th, 2018 (Passed)
Interview: May 9th, 2018
Medical: May 9th, 2018
Additional Med Forms: May 16, 2018
Competition list: Confirmed on July 3rd, 2018
Position offered: Communications and Engineering Officer (Air) (July 27th, 2018)
Enrolment: August 30th, 2018
BMOQ: September 10th, 2018

Overall, this was a lot speedier than I had anticipated. See you folks on the other side.

Edit: BMOQ, not BMQ. Officer!

Back