• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ 2018 - Regular Force

gazorpazorpfield said:
Is this true? ??? :eek:

LegioXEquestris said:
That's massive news. OceanBonfire, where did you get your info? After waiting for so long I don't even know what to believe anymore. Looks like I will need to head to the local RC to clear some things up (considering that all my trades are combats).

I asked the clerk (the one I called at my CFRC to accept the offer) if he could check to see if there were any free spot in an English BMOQ so I could switch over and he said there were none available. He added that if I absolutely wanted to be in an English BMOQ I'd have to wait for the next ones in January 2019.

OceanBonfire said:
I asked the clerk (the one I called at my CFRC to accept the offer) if he could check to see if there were any free spot in an English BMOQ so I could switch over and he said there were none available. He added that if I absolutely wanted to be in an English BMOQ I'd have to wait for the next ones in January 2019.

Thank you Ocean for your prompt response. That's very disappointing news indeed for all the Anglophones still out there waiting.

Congrats btw on your offer.

Edit: When and how did they manage to load so many on the Aug and Sept serials already? We are not even two month into the new fiscal year... damn. 

LegioXEquestris said:
Thank you Ocean for your prompt response. That's very disappointing news indeed for all the Anglophones still out there waiting.

Congrats btw on your offer.

Edit: When and how did they manage to load so many on the Aug and Sept serials already? We are not even two month into the new fiscal year... damn.

On another thread, Buck is saying september QMBO is presently being filled. So perhaps the ROTP on the internet means they have enough applicant on th merit list to fill up remaining classes for the fiscal year!

Infantry officer have lot of intake as DEO, so there are probably spots left until fiscal year end.

Best luck to you

Buck_HRA said:
As of today's date:
LOG DEO is essentially filled for the year
SIGS DEO is about 30% filled for the year
Aug BMOQ is essentially full
Sep BMOQ is the course being loaded currently by selections

I heard from my recruiter that the selections on May 28 and June 6 were still filling up the last few spots for Aug BMOQ. Buck's post mentions that the Aug serial is full as of today (?) and Sep serial being loaded right now. There's hope for Sep BMOQ still!

gazorpazorpfield said:
I heard from my recruiter that the selections on May 28 and June 6 were still filling up the last few spots for Aug BMOQ. Buck's post mentions that the Aug serial is full as of today (?) and Sep serial being loaded right now. There's hope for Sep BMOQ still!

Staying positive and hopeful! Thanks for the update on selection dates, gazorpazorpfield. Although I shouldn't place my hopes on them, and that the HQ may change selection dates anytime, but still!  ;D

I just got my offer for HCA DEO. I'm gonna be in the September 10 BMOQ.

Tee I said:
I just got my offer for HCA DEO. I'm gonna be in the September 10 BMOQ.

Congrats! We will probably end up on course together in Borden for the HSOSOC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another ACSO here loaded onto BMOQ august 27th. Regarding Anglo BMOQ, a buddy of mine just got his offer for MPO and was scheduled for BMOQ Jan 2019.

Hey guys,

Did any of you had to sign an offer or something? They sent me confirmation dates and enrollement date and paper, but no document that I have to sign to acceot the offer.

I  got my offer for AEC a couple weeks ago, loaded on the August 27 BMOQ. I was given an offer letter to sign accepting the offer in the email with my swearing in details.

Crightonking said:
I  got my offer for AEC a couple weeks ago, loaded on the August 27 BMOQ. I was given an offer letter to sign accepting the offer in the email with my swearing in details.

Weird, got a few documents to fill out for either enrolment or ST-Jean, but no offer paper.

Wonder if they forgot it.

Milerup said:
Weird, got a few documents to fill out for either enrolment or ST-Jean, but no offer paper.

Wonder if they forgot it.

I haven't received a single document so far.

I also gotten the offer letter to sign. Then after I gotten the documents to bring to the enrollment.

Where you guys coming from?

Myself, I am coming from Toronto and will be attending BMOQ for AUG27 as ACSO

Milerup said:
On another thread, Buck is saying september QMBO is presently being filled. So perhaps the ROTP on the internet means they have enough applicant on th merit list to fill up remaining classes for the fiscal year!

Infantry officer have lot of intake as DEO, so there are probably spots left until fiscal year end.

Best luck to you

Thank you Milerup.

Took a trip to the local RC today and inquired about the changes made to Direct Entry being closed to many officer occupations (including the Combat 3) on the CAF Jobs webpage. The recruiter confirms your line of reasoning: there are more than enough applicants sitting on the Competition List for this FY so they will stop processing new applicants for a while to come.

gazorpazorpfield said:

My local recruiter corroborates the June 06 selection date, but like Rampo I have my doubts about whether it will go ahead or if anyone will actually be selected. Hoping for the best.

Also, do we know for sure when was the last time that anyone applying for Combats (Inf, Arm, Artillery) were selected for BMOQ? For as long as I've been keeping tab on the website I've seen mostly only Air Force people being loaded. The only reliable sample I can find for DEO INF was Fitzzie, who was selected in July 2016 to go on BMOQ in Sept 2016. It would be helpful to have additional sources for reference, if anyone can manage to find them.  :nod: 

Fitzzie's application/career progression for those interested (which may concern those applying for any of the Combat 3):
Recruiting Centre: TO
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer - DEO
Trade Choice 2: Pilot - DEO
Trade Choice 3: AEC - DEO
Applied: November, 2013
CFRC Contact: December 2013
CFAT Written: 03 July 2014
Medical: 02 March 2015
Interview: 17 March 2015
Aircrew Selection: 29 October 2015
Merit Listed: 02 November 2015 - INF O.
Update Medical: February 2016
Position offered: 11 July 2016 - Infantry Officer - DEO
Swearing in: 24 August 2016

Courses (all completed):
BMOQ: 05 September 2016 - December 2016
BMOQ-A: January 2017 - April 2017
IODP 1.1 (Phase 3): May 2017 - August 2017
IODP 1.2 (Phase 4): Sept 2017 - Dec 2017
Posted: Dec 2017 - Present

mhl0701 said:
I also gotten the offer letter to sign. Then after I gotten the documents to bring to the enrollment.

Where you guys coming from?

Myself, I am coming from Toronto and will be attending BMOQ for AUG27 as ACSO

Both montreal. Maybe the verbal acceptance was enough...anyway they gave me class confirmation and enrolement date and hours, with an appointment to register common law partner. So I guess the offer paper is not mandatory. I asked my CFRC just to be sure.

What are the BMOQ serials starting in "M", "F" and "Q" reserved for? The M BMOQ's seem to be for ROTP (?) running for only a month. Any ideas?

gazorpazorpfield said:
What are the BMOQ serials starting in "M", "F" and "Q" reserved for? The M BMOQ's seem to be for ROTP (?) running for only a month. Any ideas?

I think they are for those who are enrolled into ROTP. It could be that "M" and "F" serials are the first half of BMOQ and the "Q" serial is the latter half.

white-1 said:
Congrats! We will probably end up on course together in Borden for the HSOSOC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!

Back