• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMNQ 2013-Current: Naval Reserve

Saltyted

Inactive
Reaction score
I am very interested in joining my local naval reserve unit but have some questions regarding the training. After reading several other posts on here what I have gathered is that the BMQ for navy is the 13 week long BMQ at St. Jean. I have also heard several conflicting points as to how long it is and where it is conducted, some stating St. Jean and others stating Shearwater or Borden aswell as it being from 30 days long, seven weeks long, only on weekends and ten weeks long. If anyone on these forums can enlighten me it would be of great help!

Ref: http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/107416/post-1176797.html#msg1176797

At the reference above, if you follow the comments at reply # 6 and after, you will have current answers:

ref: R 051921Z OCT 12 CFFSQ 0084

Last week the message went out that BMQ and NETP for NavRes will be merged into BMNQ with two phases. A DL/DT portion during the school / training year at the NRDs and then an in-house phase at CFFS(Q) Jun-Aug 2013 summer. The pilot course will start in the fall of 2012.

1993-1995 BMQ was at St Jean
1995-2011 BMQ was at NRTD Borden (closed)
2012 BMQ was tested at Shearwater NS
2013 BMQ is planned to be at CFFS(Q)

NavRes BMQ is full-time, 10 weeks long with a requirement to pass the pre-course DL training at the NRDs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I think dependant on what trade you go into you may be trained at a local reserve unit or you may still have to go to a occupational specific base to be trained.

Occupational training is conducted at the appropriate school.
ie: Hard Sea trades CFNOS or support trades at CFLTC

Training at the NRDs consists of individual and team refresher training.

Tralax said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I think dependant on what trade you go into you may be trained at a local reserve unit or you may still have to go to a occupational specific base to be trained.

I've heard from a recruiter here in BC, that BMQ for navy reserve depends on your trade.
Example- cook for navy reserve the BMQ is done in Borden, Ont.
Bosn or Naval Combat- BMQ is done in St.Jean , Qc.
MARS Officer- BMQ is done in Esquimalt, BC ?

BMQ is 9 weeks for navy reserve (at least by the recruiter)?
On the bords the weeks are different
and online
(http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130205180726AAX2B4r)

Not sure how accurate this info is because most posts on here give different info.
Then again I guess BMQ times depends which province you live in?
I guess if you live in Ontario or Quebec, BMQ for the reserve is shorter because you live in the province?

maybe I'm just lost in translation.

If anybody would like to shed more light or post any feedback that would be great.
Again i'm just comparing the info relayed to me and the info on the boards here.
I also live in BC (Vancouver Island)

cheers

Reading and Listening comprehension are useful tools, vice selective "hearing" and random questions "to hear one's voice".

As posted, linked and supported earlier through this and other threads:
accurate, current and useful NavRes training standards from BMQ through
trades training, in-unit training and regenerative training have all been Q&A.

When an individual posts:
-  I heard,
- I think,
- Correct me if I am wrong.

You are posting and reposting wrong information. If you are confused, why are you reposting the same bloody question?

Then you get mad for negative MilPoints?
Refer to the start of this post, own your own posts.
Comprehension and assimilating information is key here.

Asking a question that has been answered earns negative points.

If you think some negative cyber points are bullying?
Please invite me to your BMQ course, the day you feel bullied  by your staff.
I don't need TD, it'll be worth the trip.

you mad bro?

Thanks for trying to clear things up with my post!

i posted only to clarify the info i got !!! thats why i was posting!!
i already inboxed you about the whole matter!

if you want to go public about it that's your business!

dont get me wrong , i understand where you are coming from, and i did read what everyone posted!  but YOU just decided to TROLL me.

I'm not looking for an apology or anything!
Your approach to the whole situation is childish! you could've easily just posted something constructive!
i never ever stated that my info is correct...its from the words out of the recruiters mouth which is different than what you and everyone else has been posting on here!

stay classy my man!

Zerodark30.................stop.
That is all.
Bruce
Staff

Before deciding to pursue ROTP route I visited navy recruiter at HMCS York.
He was very informative and told me that once I've been enrolled then I would start coming to their weekly and once a month weekend regular meeting, where they will start preparing us for BMQ, and get paid for it. He said that the BMQ is full time over the summer and will start end of may and go until late or mid aug, coinciding with university schedule.
For where it is, I honestly don't remember but he said it was on one of the coasts, but think east.
Also for NCM I was told that it would talke about 3 or 4 years of summer to be fully trained.

Hey everyone,

I am off to Valcartier, Quebec for BMNQ in June. Ive read through the tips for the standard BMQ, however I was wondering If anyone has any BMNQ specific tips I should know before I take off.

Thanks in advance,

CAF Military Police said:
Hey everyone,

I am off to Valcartier, Quebec for BMNQ in June. Ive read through the tips for the standard BMQ, however I was wondering If anyone has any BMNQ specific tips I should know before I take off.

Thanks in advance,

Have a look at this thread https://army.ca/forums/threads/34712.0.  It should answer any questions you have plus those you have not thought of yet.

Stacked said:
Must mean NETP.....

Did a little bit of google searching he did mean BMNQ, the google result came to army.ca (OP use the search feature next time) It's a mix between Basic Training and NETP (according to the site).

George Wallace said:
MP on BMQ and NETP.....???    Odd.
Thought the same thing, but isn't MP a Tri-Force? Or does that just mean they serve all of the forces at one time?

BMNQ is BMQ and NETP combined. Shortened to 9 weeks in field, and a lot of training at home unit. I take it noone has done it yet? Alright guess ill have to report back on how it went.

George Wallace said:
MP on BMQ and NETP.....???    Odd.

My sentiments exactly...

A res MP may correct me on this, but I have only ever run into army Res MPs at the res platoons...

Hello everyone, BMNQ (Basic Military Naval Qualification), this means that it is strictly just Navy personnel there. There are only Leading Seamen, Master, PO's, Chief's and Officers. The course is strictly Navy. IN the course there is navy specific training, for example, firefighting training on board a ship. They also do not have the rucksack march in the BMNQ.

There are no MP in the Naval Reserve.  What am I missing here...how did MP enter this mix?

Back