• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Blood-sport Politics

Reccesoldier

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Being in opposition as they are, the Liberals seem to have forgotten the reason they are there.  In their rush to sieze the crown of leadership, it seems that no dirty trick shall remain unplayed, no subtrifuge is to distasteful. 

Now perhaps the events of this week (the list scam and smears) are just a blip on the radar screen but I believe that they are going to collectively alienate the average non-partisan voter. 

What's your take on the political infighting in the Liberal leadership race?

It reminds me of the Turner and Campbell eras. Lightweights fighting for the crumbs after the "walk on water leader" has sunk and everything is crumbling around them. Noise, lights, bombast, everything you could ever want and need in a politician...essentially...nothing.

My take on the whole mess the Liberals are in, not just the leadership race, is that there is a significant element of the party that doesn't want to change from the "culture of entitlement".  Their main concern is simply how to get access to the public pursestrings again and how to figure out a way to loot the public purse for their own and their friends benefit. 

This certainly isn't true of all Liberals and I am confident that there are a significant number of their party members who only want what they believe to be best for the country.  However, antics such as those displayed by the campaign team of the Honourable Joe Volpe don't help either the party or Mr. Volpe's cause.  And no, I am not picking on him because he is Italian. 

Until the upper echelons receive and understand the message that people are fed up and don't trust them, they will continue to have such problems as this internecine fighting. 

Just my .02, but that's the way I see it.

I must ask after all the years of cuts, why even give them our thoughts other than when we flush.

Boxkicker said:
I must ask after all the years of cuts, why even give them our thoughts other than when we flush.

Because they are so good at making the majority of Canadians forget those pesk littl facts.

Know your enemy

Back