• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Blackhawk spotted

• Thread starter fortuncookie5084
  • Start date
F

fortuncookie5084

Ok ok, not a very important post but curiosity is getting the better of me. I spotted one Blackhawk helicopter flying over montreal. I got a good look. It was a blackhawk. Without crossing any opsec lines, any ideas what its doing here?

maybe they‘re filming a movie nearby, we get that sometimes in calgary (most of the old army base was turned into movie sets).

Either that, or they‘re training at St. Hubert.

I live a few klicks away from St. Hubert, and I‘ve seen f-16s flying there. It‘s weird to see F-16s and CF-18s flying together, but it has happened.

But there‘s also the movie thing. Montreal‘s one of the most cinematic cities in Canada (not to toot my own horn or anything, but it‘s true... Lot of movies have been made in montreal... it‘s funny. I was watching a movie (don‘t remember which one) and all I remember thinking was that "Wtf! That‘s the Boneventure Expy!!!!"

So, yeah. there are the two possibilities.

Come to think of it. I saw ‘em too. I always assumed that they were Griffins, but hey, if you say that they‘re Blackhawks, then i‘ll believe you!
:fifty:

Probably some ANG Blackhawk that was shooting IFR approaches into St-Hubert. Modus Operandi for both Air Forces on each side of the border.
C-5 Galaxy‘s are always doing touch-and-go‘s at Trenton..

Back