• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Black pennant meaning ...

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Black PT (Pennant). Used singly and at the dip: I am investigating a sonar contact. Close up (all the way up to the yard arm) : “Contact established, am attacking”. Hauled down: have lost sonar contact . The "Dip” means the flag or pennant is only half way up to the yardarm. This pennant is no longer used.

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Quarantine is yellow or yellow-black checked, I thought.

Maybe they're fed up with something.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Quarantine is yellow or yellow-black checked, I thought.

Maybe they're fed up with something.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
I've read that somewhere before, lol.

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Speaking of...
Does anyone know where I can get a Skull and Crossed Cutlasses (Attack flag?) for HMCS Windsor? They brought some down when we affiliated with them, but didn't bring enough. I can't even find a picture. I believe it was a bear skull and crossed cutlasses. Tanks.

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Speaking of...
Does anyone know where I can get a Skull and Crossed Cutlasses (Attack flag?) for HMCS Windsor? They brought some down when we affiliated with them, but didn't bring enough. I can't even find a picture. I believe it was a bear skull and crossed cutlasses. Tanks.
You can get custom flags made up

lenaitch

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Tanks Colin. Which I would also consider, but like I said, I can't even find a picture.

Sub Standard

Reaction score
Speaking of...
For WINDSOR it was probably a Lion skull as he crest has the Mer-Lion on it. I will see if I can dig up a picture of it.

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
HMCS Sackville has a theme this summer for her tours of "ACTION STATIONS". I suspect that the black flag (prosecuting SONAR target) is related.