• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bizarre Find!!

MedTechStudent

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok so, I was driving home from my friend Ben's house last night about to get onto the HWY 115 onramp and I saw the outline of headphones on the street.  Now ironically enough I had just broken my I-Pod headphones and was like "hey maybe they work and I can use them."  So I spin the car around and park in at the curb and get out.  I stroll up to the headphones only to realize there is a whole bloody I-Pod attached to them!!  So I pick it up, and realize its a brand new 80 gig!!  My I-Pod was a 4 gig Nano and I had just been thinking that day "damn I need to buy a new I-Pod cause mine is full now.  Well, aint a problem anymore!

Now, I looked around for its possible owner, but this is in the middle of nowhere and no one was around.  The I-pod itself does have some scratches on it, and appears to have been dropped out of a moving car.  Works fine, minimal damage.  Now I know some in here might say "Thats stealing blah blah blah", but realistically how do I actually find the "real" owner.  The I-pod had not been registered under a name and only had 5 random "Christian Rock" songs on it.  All I would get is a bunch of liars who claim it to be theirs.  They all looks the same so its not like I can say "Can you describe it please?"  So yes before anyone asks, I'm damn well keeping it.  ;D

Anywho, thought I would share that, and open the floor up for any other cool/ ironic/ miraculous finds anyone has made.

Cheers, Kyle

That's weird! My friend Ray found a brand new 80 GB iPod on the street in Toronto one night, with no music on it or anything! Is this all a coincidence, or what?

that's an awesome find! i love my iPod!

I'm still surprised no one stole my iPod Nano when i was lying in the street unconscious after getting hit by a car :blotto:

You can advertise it as found, returned if the owner can identify the songs. Other wise, wipe it and enjoy it. We can't assuage your guilt. You're the only one that can justify whether you went far enough to find the owner.

Me, I'd have it loaded with AC/DC and Aerosmith, and head bobbing through the liquor store celebrating my new found diversion.

recceguy said:
You can advertise it as found, returned if the owner can identify the songs. Other wise, wipe it and enjoy it. We can't assuage your guilt. You're the only one that can justify whether you went far enough to find the owner.

Me, I'd have it loaded with AC/DC and Aerosmith, and head bobbing through the liquor store celebrating my new found diversion.

Oh I'm not looking for guilt alleviation, was just defending myself in advanced in case people started crying out "thief!"

And yepp, Aerosmith is on there now.  A long with my entire I-Tunes list, not used to being able to just throw everything on at once. 

Interesting aside:

I learned from a Brit colleague that in the UK it is a crime to keep found property, it must be turned into the local constabulary. (http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/consumer_affairs/keeping_lost_found_and_uncollected_goods.htm)

But you were in Canada right, never mind!!

Frostnipped Elf said:
Interesting aside:

I learned from a Brit colleague that in the UK it is a crime to keep found property, it must be turned into the local constabulary. (http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/consumer_affairs/keeping_lost_found_and_uncollected_goods.htm)

But you were in Canada right, never mind!!
  Maybe they should enforce that on their postal service then.  There is no doubt one of them "found" my Bolle sunglasses when I was having them shipped over.  Empty box? THANKS GUYS!

And no,  I wasn't shopping on ebay - a friend found them for me in greece when I left them in my room.

Kyle Burrows said:
  Maybe they should enforce that on their postal service then.  There is no doubt one of them "found" my Bolle sunglasses when I was having them shipped over.  Empty box? THANKS GUYS!

And no,  I wasn't shopping on ebay - a friend found them for me in greece when I left them in my room.

mhmmm just like the bartender in Cuba that "could not remember" seeing my Oakley pair that I left at the bar while I went to the bathroom.  Oh well. 

Back