• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bizarre Babbling About Firearms

Infidel-6,  lets not forget the newly manufactured semi auto only (not converted)  M2 available from Marstar that isn't even restricted.  1919a4  .30cal or 7.62nato as well.

I thought that certain .50 rifles were grandfather-prohib, too. Nice to know I was wrong.

Jay -- roger that -- but you know me and China North Industries...

PCB -- the 92 bans went with no Grandfathering -- I lost a $1400 Benelli M3 that I got from the Surrete a few months previous  :'(

The later bans held Grandfathering clauses expanding on the Full Auto owners 12(2)
With the 12(3) Converted Auto's,  12(4) Small Class - UZI, Ingram, and Steyr AUG 12(5) Hk and AK's 

i could go on an on about the utter folly of the ban system...

I turned in my own civilian owned firearms in 2008.

Bottom line I just wasn't firing them enough to justify having them in the house. I still miss em from time to time, given that there is no way I can ever replace most of them... at least, not in Canada.

All purchased between 1991 and 1992.

Glock 17, 9x19mm
Smith & Wesson 686, .357Mag
Llama .45ACP (it was inexpensive)
Ruger 10/22, .22LR
Styer AUG-semi only, 5.56x45mm
Heckler & Koch M-93, 5.56x45mm
GIAT FMAS-semi only, 5.56x45mm
Mossberg 500 Bull pup, 12 gauge
Benelli M3 Super 90, 12 gauge

My favorite of those I owned was the Styer. Just wish I could have gotten the alternate rail-top receiver for it as I wasn't a particular fan of the regular ring optic sight.

Turned in as in surrendered and destroyed? (blood runs cold - as I hate this 'destruction' culture that governments want to encourage)

I hope you had a chance to sell them, even if on consignment.

I used to have a FAMAS but the 1992 hit list made that prohibitied to being surrendered only, and I sold it before the cutoff, and I am sure it went south of the 49th. I am 110% sure it was not surrendered and destroyed.

I live here in Australia yet still have many firearms registered to me back in dear old Canada. Firearms that I won here are all long arms, adn are either bolt action or lever action, the good ole days of owning such things as semi autos like AR-15s are over for mainstreamer Aussie gun owners, but still available for Cat C and D holders (primary producers, proffesional shooters, and collectors).

OWDU

Unfortunately, most of what I owned could not be sold under the "grandfather" clause of the Firearms Act.

I owned the firearms as a "sports shooter" and was in the process of being reclassified as a collector but the system made it so difficult that I essentially just "gave up" on firearm ownership. I was going through a lot of negative personal and professional "life" stuff at the time and just didn't have the will to jump through their hoops.

In a related story, the day I finally called to turn in the guns makes for a fun story as well.

I called the RCMP, who promptly transferred me to the Sûreté du Québec, who then suggested I call my local municipal police. As I did not have transport papers and was without a car at the time, I didn't think schlepping them onto a bus or taxi and going down to the local police station the best of ideas. 

So I called the non-emergency number of the police, informed them of my request to have my firearms turned in, and was told to bring them in anyways without any paperwork. Finally, I managed to convince the officer on the line that sending a car down to my place was probably the best solution.

I get the firearms ready for easy inspection and to move, ensuring that they are all trigger or cable locked with the barrels or bolts kept separately. They are all still in hard shell transport cases but the cases themselves are unlocked. A car door slams outside of my place and I head to the front to see if it the police. As I am walking, I see one of the officers through the glass front door suddenly move from left to right side of the door frame. 

"Just great, they're stacking on the side the door opens."

I calmly open the front door to my home and am greeted by two young (20 -23 years old) female officers, both with their hands on their pistols, assertively telling me to place my hands in the air. So there I am with my hands up in my own door frame of my house using my calmest voice to assure the two officers that they are in no danger, I am the only person in the house, and where the firearms are located. Still with my hands in the air, we move into the main hallway where the gun cases are and while one officer keeps me under observation the other does a room to room search of my home, both floors. This is the only aspect that pissed me off but I guess once past the front door they have every right to go through the dwelling.

They took the cases away and came back a few hours later with the appropriate paperwork. While I did at the time find their actions a little excessive, I can appreciate that they likely do not get that many calls for firearms pick up and certainly when they looked up what I was turning in, they decided to err on side of caution.

Aside from th FAMAS which was prohibited w/out grandfathering, all my other grandfathered stuff (CAs BREN, AKMS, L2A1, C1 SMG etc) and some SA's  C1A1, L1A1, HK-91, etc) were sold to others in the same grandfathered catagory. I think you wewe hoodwinked by your own police all for the commongood for their own statistics, and costing you thousands of your hard earned cash.

The reaction of coming to your home with hands on their sidearms, and having you put your hands in the air, can be summed up in one word - 'disgusting'.

Cheers,

OWDU

I really like the m240b its really good i especially like to fire off the whole 200clip its good to shoot and i like that shotgun with a big magazine its really good when your clearing rooms and the glock is cool because its like a smg but you can carry one in each hand and i like the .50 sniper rifle cos its easy to shoot stuff with it and it doesnt just wound people like the m14 does the m14 takes two shoots to shoot people...
(Slaps himself)
Whoa! Sorry, looks like I've been reading too many comments from 14 year olds and playing too many games of Call Of Duty! I promise it won't happen again!

I just read the original post. WTF? I am now dumber for having read that...

You can shoot all the rifles you want and never be a good shot.
Of course, some claim marksmanship and never cocked a weapon.
You gotta admit......the SMG that we all seem to be so familiar with is
and will stand the test of time, one of the best close quarter weapons.
Although, you might have come to dislike her a bit, especially if she ever slapped you in the face. :crybaby:

ArmyRick said:
I am now dumber for having read that...

Give it a week and that post will seem like pure genius compare to whats to come......

Back