• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bizarre Babbling About Firearms

People love to be technical on this site dont they!
Whats your take on it Red? You'd know a far bit about them wouldnt you? Do you rate it as an "inaccurate combat weapon"?
As for "Shooting" & "Firing", when i hunker down behind a .50 or a MAG 58, and shout "Firing NOW", i'm secretly shooting it instead  ;) shhhh, thats only between us though  ;) Seriously, it must be a slow day if you want to differentiate between shot and fired. If you asked someone back home "Have you shot yet?" and they replied "No, but i've fired", you'd be forced to throw your cups canteen at them for being a smartarse  ;D.

As a poor Australian boy who missed out on seeing as these gucci Auto's because of our gun laws i only know what i've been told about the M14 but I always thought it was a great bit of kit. Love to hear what you reckon about it Red?

You guys are killin' me (figuratively speakin') with this 'shoot vs. fire' thing. Am I missin' an inside joke, or what? :p

You lit it, not ignited it..... right!  ;D  Rather expensive substitute for Heat Tabs.

MG34 said:
My favorite is....... a screw it just pick one   ;D
ars.jpg

vz2.jpg

hks.jpg

toys.jpg

How much did all those things cost?  :eek:

Are those photos of your personal weapons collection? Holy cow, if they are, you have enough firepower to start a small war? How do you find the time and fundage to shoot/fire (  ;D )  them all?

(Modification: Looked on your profile and saw you're only 16. So, whose weapons are those anyway?)

Roger fellas: The bottom line is, get the best weapons and gear to the line that the budget will allow. Ya'll are right. The M14 is an old weapon that doesn't take advantage of modern technology.

(Don't worry, mudgunner. I'm just havin' a little fun too. It's been outstanding getting involved in the forums here at Army.ca.) ;)

I wouldnt call this my favourite "rifle", but thought I would post a link to this one from the YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME file.........

IDF "Corner shot"

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/corner_shot/Corner_Shot.htm

Interesting variations with the "Corner Shot" 40mm grenade and rocket launchers too.

Red, don't you know by now?

The Poster Boy ALWAYS looks GOOD!  ;D

*Hijack I don't know what your talking about?

He is talking about the Cornershot that someone posted on the other page.
Both the Germans and the British played with bent barrel SMG's in WWII for MOUT

T'is I with the can

Cornershot - I dunno, seems like a lot of extra bits and pieces to carry around and maintain for a handgun, etc. I could maybe envision law enforcement finding a possible role for it, but I doubt it would be useful for military applications. Just my $0.02.

Such a hard choice to pick my favourite rifle. but i would have to say Mauser 98 K.
But my favourite weapon without a doubt http://www.designwithelegance.com/images/ttr/mp40_400.jpg  - The MP40
rarely jammed, rarely broke

Like I said the Ross was a POS but it is an exellent hunting rifle. Well, as long as you maintain it-the bolt wont close if there is mud or dirt in the receiver and if you do close it you'll bust somthing, thats the reason it didn't work in the trenches, you know trench=mud.

Ok examining both the Ross and the SMLE No.4, the SMLE comes out on top the bolt is far more easier and the sights work a little better so I guess this is my pick.

SMLENo.jpg

C/Pte. M. Legare said:
Like I said the Ross was a POS but it is an exellent hunting rifle. Well, as long as you maintain it-the bolt wont close if there is mud or dirt in the receiver and if you do close it you'll bust somthing, thats the reason it didn't work in the trenches, you know trench=mud.

How would you know that?  Saw a trench in movie once, didja? 

P.S  This country was made great long before Ortona.  Ever hear of a little garden spot called Vimy Ridge?  Look it up, it was in all the papers a few years back.

"My all time favorite is the Bren"-Colin P
Amen to that, Ive only fired 17 rounds from one but that is one of the neatest MG's I've ever played with but I've only played with a .50, a .30, a C9, and some Chinese gun.

;D Hey my names Dan and I would have to say my fav. weapons would have to the M16A1 M03  or the sks 47 used by the Koreans in Vietnam :D awsome weapons

He has been sent a warning in a PM.  May have to do some cleaning here soon.

Back