• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bitter debate over the (US) Fleece Jacket is settled

😂 Canada wasn’t any better. The Canadian Army fleece first round didn’t have anything to put a name tape rank/identifiers. I recall when the Air Force fleece (looked similar, but was static-dissipative with velcro for name and rank) came out, getting screamed at for mis-wearing the fleece…until I pointed it out to the screamer (who must have been colour blind to the blue beret) that while in green CADPAT, I was Air Force and my fleece was: A) different (including reinforced inner fleeced pockets 😆); and B) directed/controlled by CRACF, and not an Army NCM. The only major change for AF fleece Mk.2 was an FR variant for aircrew (but still had fleece lined pockets too…which also made its way to all AF goretex jackets. 👍🏼).

I personally think army guys were secretly jealous of seeing a nice fleece garment developed and duly authorized for wear in a common sense manner, not the ludicrous gloves-toque (or fleece cap) like stupidity that still rules the day…

If you wear a fleece as an outer garment then the communists win.

That's just science.
And nobody likes Communists…well…I mean other than, oh, let’s call them shareholders and investors in large ‘powerful corporations’ in Canada, who are heavily invested in the economies of a Communist regime… 😉

I personally think army guys were secretly jealous of seeing a nice fleece garment developed and duly authorized for wear in a common sense manner, not the ludicrous gloves-toque (or fleece cap) like stupidity that still rules the day…
These are the same kinds of folks that told us to wear our headdress (wedges) in the car, even though they would hit the top of the car.

As an aside, now I know why Tac Hel folks wear berets.

I hate the wedge. I don’t know what the Air Force was thinking when they stole the Field Service Cap from the Army back in the 20s/30s…

I hate the wedge. I don’t know what the Air Force was thinking when they stole the Field Service Cap from the Army back in the 20s/30s…
Because they wanted to look all butch, just like the army guys.

Because it was more portable than the peaked service cap/forage cap, and the beret had not yet been widely introduced (except for the Royal Tank Corps and French mountain troops).

Because it was more portable than the peaked service cap/forage cap, and the beret had not yet been widely introduced (except for the Royal Tank Corps and French mountain troops).
I’d gladly wear a 50-mission cap before a wedge.

Portable enough for a WW2 ace, good enough for me…
1643753394688.jpeg

Oh look at you with your "facts" and "history" :ROFLMAO:

I propose this to be the RCAF's next headdress:

Wing-Commander-Featured-2.jpg

Now why can't we have a couple of decisive, clear direction Senior Sergeants Majors, like them in our little military?

Now why can't we have a couple of decisive, clear direction Senior Sergeants Majors, like them in our little military?
The whole point of that slightly tongue-in-cheek article was that the US Army wasn't being clear and decisive.

We have beards, we have non-polishable boots, we have badges for all kinds of stuff, and hairforgen is coming. But apparently wearing a fleece as an outer layer is still a cardinal sin.

Back