• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Big Brother Canada

LittleBlackDevil said:
I think the danger is not that people realize that there are some people like him in the CAF, but that they then think we're all like this tool.

Yes, I certainly don't want people to think we are all that fit.

Quirky said:
You mean tell the truth? God forbid the public gets anything other than sunshine and rainbows when it comes to the CAF.
Just remember that when people judge the group by the biggest idiot in said group ...

MJP said:

Not a problem.

Attachments

• CA980705-DF06-43CD-910D-966A105DCA01.jpeg
    CA980705-DF06-43CD-910D-966A105DCA01.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 207
MJP said:

MJP, you clearly spent some NDHQ TD time in the Rideau Centre food court and saw some pretty Stirling examples of uniforms under extreme pressure! ;)

Seriously though, the kid’s being a kid and anyone who’s watching Big Brother (of any country) probably has no opinion to form about the CAF other than the novelty of finding out that Canada actually had a military. For all the ire being thrown out by many, I’d love to see how the low on the totem pole new Pte(T)s or Cpls puffed up their chests at Sassy’s, or the Roz...I’m sure there were more than a few cringe-worthy moments that happened there...just that there was no life-CCTV at the time.

Frankly, given how some shoddy PAO work has come recently (hello Cdn Army Instagram, for ex.), the kid is a lot further away from crossing the line out of his lane than many supposed professionals.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Fair point G2G about the PAO, especially the 39 CBG Instagram...a year or two ago it was actually hacked by someone in Russia.

LittleBlackDevil said:
I think the danger is not that people realize that there are some people like him in the CAF, but that they then think we're all like this tool.

Worst cast, people who watch Big Bro form this opinion and the rest of society moves on with their lives. People have short memories and will forget about him very quickly. Seeing the PAO or his CoC spin in circles over this for any kind of damage control will be the real show. I think any publicity the CF gets these days that isn't negative is a win. This kid is harmless.

Good2Golf said:
MJP, you clearly spent some NDHQ TD time in the Rideau Centre food court and saw some pretty Stirling examples of uniforms under extreme pressure! ;)

Seriously though, the kid’s being a kid and anyone who’s watching Big Brother (of any country) probably has no opinion to form about the CAF other than the novelty of finding out that Canada actually had a military. For all the ire being thrown out by many, I’d love to see how the low on the totem pole new Pte(T)s or Cpls puffed up their chests at Sassy’s, or the Roz...I’m sure there were more than a few cringe-worthy moments that happened there...just that there was no life-CCTV at the time.

Frankly, given how some shoddy PAO work has come recently (hello Cdn Army Instagram, for ex.), the kid is a lot further away from crossing the line out of his lane than many supposed professionals.

:2c:

Regards
G2G
I myself may or may not have been the master gunner of a submarine Carl G detachment at Earthquake Annie's, but not on national television.

Earthquake Annie’s....now that takes me back, TU! Heck, I may even have seen you doing some Sub 84 runs! Lol

Just wait til they all get released from the house into the real life survival scenario of a decimated post-COVID wasteland, and they all think it's just a continuation of the show. :D

Brihard said:
Just wait til they all get released from the house into the real life survival scenario of a decimated post-COVID wasteland, and they all think it's just a continuation of the show. :D

You mean when all the elderly and immune-compromised people are gone but everyone else is just fine but covered in feces because there's no toilet paper left? Probably safer than the house...

I'm still trying to find the specs on the trade Marksman. 

When I pointed it out to the wife she mentioned he must be a reservist. 

CountDC said:
I'm still trying to find the specs on the trade Marksman. 

When I pointed it out to the wife she mentioned he must be a reservist toon.

FTFY.

My wife's been following this a lot closer than I have, so she's been sending me updates of stuff that doesn't air on the show. He's now telling the girl he's been spending all his time with that he is thinking about reenlisting and asking her if she would move to Petawawa with him. She asks him what that is, and upon hearing what it is, she asks if she'd be a military wife...  ::)

I don't know who to feel more sorry for...

CanadianTire said:
My wife's been following this a lot closer than I have, so she's been sending me updates of stuff that doesn't air on the show. He's now telling the girl he's been spending all his time with that he is thinking about reenlisting and asking her if she would move to Petawawa with him. She asks him what that is, and upon hearing what it is, she asks if she'd be a military wife...  ::)

I don't know who to feel more sorry for...

I might start 'toon'ing in now... (I can joke since I was a toon/SWAT [some weekends and thursdays]).

Attachments

• source.gif
    source.gif
    366 KB · Views: 107
Well.. even if this is the last post on here (since he got evicted) my wife started watching the season today from the website and I have to say, he was pretty calm and not what I would expect from the intro video and the "army secrets" clip... he wasn't trying to be macho or anything like that.

Pretty respectable guy it seems and my guess is he was kind of pushed into that tac vest door kicking nice abs showing off intro video.

Judging by people's character and the way they go about themselves in that house, if I would choose anyone to represent the military, it would be him.

Drallib said:
Well.. even if this is the last post on here (since he got evicted) my wife started watching the season today from the website and I have to say, he was pretty calm and not what I would expect from the intro video and the "army secrets" clip... he wasn't trying to be macho or anything like that.

Pretty respectable guy it seems and my guess is he was kind of pushed into that tac vest door kicking nice abs showing off intro video.

Judging by people's character and the way they go about themselves in that house, if I would choose anyone to represent the military, it would be him.

Dude/dudette, you are on point.  A much as the man has been maligned in social media within the CAF, he has been fine.  Heaven forbid people think we think we are fit, personable and fit into society writ large. I rather this kind of publicity than the the latest Op HONOUR violation we are used too.  From my very curmudgeonly never watched BB perspective good on the dude!!!! 

[quote author=Drallib]
[/quote]
I wouldn't go that far.
"Professionally" he misrepresented himself. Yea lots of that was probably pressure from the show's producers and part of "the game" is lying your face off. He passed selection so he's not a stupid guy. He's just going to have to live with the ridicule he brought on himself.

Public wise I'm sure they ate it up and were none the wiser.

Jarnhamar said:
He passed selection so he's not a stupid guy.

To be honest he completed selection. If he passed, he'd be in CANSOF conducting his assaulter/operator course right now.

Drallib said:

Well, that's good to hear and thanks for posting this.

That intro video where he's wearing the tac vest and kicking down the door was absolutely cringeworthy and made him look like a complete tool. I don't like that a reservist misrepresented himself as a career solider.

But glad that actually in the show he was not the way he seemed in the intro.

Back