• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Big Brother Canada

BDTyre

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm surprised this potential circus hasn't come up on here before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7voqOLLKZ-o
Member of B Coy, Rocky Mountain Rangers, completed special forces selection and now appearing on Big Brother Canada. According to several sources, this wasn't cleared through his CoC or unit PAFO, and they weren't aware of his participation.

I guess his CoC is waiting to see how it plays out, but at least one person has mentioned that his RSM will gladly be waiting at the door when his time in the Big Brother house is done.

- mod edit to fix thread title spelling -

When I saw the title of this topic, my first thought (other than the misspelling of Canada) was that it might be a story about a military connection  to the youth mentoring organization (you can guess that I have never watched this TV program) and my hope was that it wasn't about allegations of inappropriate conduct on the part of an adult service member.  While my fears have been allayed, this is almost as embarrassing.

Of course if he is a reserve (I can't watch the YouTube clip at the moment) you have the issue if he is subject to the code of service discipline. Unless he is undergoing drill or training or in uniform (and some other similiar conditions) he is not subject to the code of service discipline. Now as long as he did not discredit the CAF I think it would be hard to punish him administrativly.

Would I have told my chain of command if it was me, yes but do I have to if I am a reserve. I don't know.

Oops on the spelling...I haven't received my caffeine yet.

It's heading towards embarrassing, especially since he's already hyped himself up and slightly misrepresented himself. But I know what road it's likely to go down when he couldn't hold it in any longer and just had to tell one of his fellow house mates (female of course) that he "has Army secrets."

I think the concern is he could say something to discredit the CAF.

Some of the memes I've seen about this guy are epic...

I wonder if he signed papers with the show and then they told him after what they wanted him to do... I would have checked with my CoC before doing anything like going on this show. Maybe he thought it was better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Rumor is (with some screen shots I guess) a PAO emailed an Instagram account that was pumping out memes about this guy and his home reserve unit. Apparently it was a fairly threatening email. The recipient isn't a serving member anymore so probably didn't have the desired result.

Jarnhamar said:
Rumor is (with some screen shots I guess) a PAO emailed an Instagram account that was pumping out memes about this guy and his home reserve unit. Apparently it was a fairly threatening email. The recipient isn't a serving member anymore so probably didn't have the desired result.

Yeah I shouldn't share those anyways. Not a fan of online bullying... kind of got carried away there.

This guy can puff up his chest and big himself up all he wants. What boils my piss is when he represents himself as 100% hard charging super infantryman, inferring a reg force career soldier, and not 10% wannabe door kicker with a major in barista at Second Cup U or something like that. No law against being an idjit.

Drallib said:
Yeah I shouldn't share those anyways. Not a fan of online bullying... kind of got carried away there.

Good on you for not sharing the dudes name or email address.

Target Up said:
This guy can puff up his chest and big himself up all he wants. What boils my piss is when he represents himself as 100% hard charging super infantryman, inferring a reg force career soldier, and not 10% wannabe door kicker with a major in barista at Second Cup U or something like that. No law against being an idjit.

His exact words to his female house mate (when they were alone, of course):
Do you want to hear army stories?
Can I trust you?
I served for six and a half years in the military.

To your point, he doesn't clarify reg/reserve service. Interesting use of the past tense as well, despite being a current serving member. He's making it out to be a big deal and something that is a secret - earlier he told everyone he works for a big Canadian yoga clothing company.

CanadianTire said:
His exact words to his female house mate (when they were alone, of course):
Do you want to hear army stories?
Can I trust you?
I served for six and a half years in the military.

To your point, he doesn't clarify reg/reserve service. Interesting use of the past tense as well, despite being a current serving member. He's making it out to be a big deal and something that is a secret - earlier he told everyone he works for a big Canadian yoga clothing company.

Oh God, lol. The various Facebook CAF meme pages ate him alive a couple weeks back when his promo video came out. Now we’re gonna get new material every week for potentially a month or two.

As a Cl A reservist, he should have nothing to fear in terms of discipline, and even administrative measures probably won’t be called for if he doesn’t talk outside his arcs of his own limited experiences. The social consequences though? Dude did it to himself. You never go full toon.

As you say, as long as he stays in his arcs he might be okay. But isn't the golden rule to always clear anything that puts you in public eye with the PAFO so that you know where your arcs are? Maybe that's just a unit SOP.

But at the very least, I can see him getting his wrist slapped over not giving a heads up to his CoC. To the majority of Canada, he will be the public face of the average troop in the CAF.

CanadianTire said:
As you say, as long as he stays in his arcs he might be okay. But isn't the golden rule to always clear anything that puts you in public eye with the PAFO so that you know where your arcs are? Maybe that's just something a unit SOP.

But at the very least, I can see him getting his wrist slapped over not giving a heads up to his CoC. To the majority of Canada, he will be the public face of the average troop in the CAF.

Starts his adventure determined not to tell anyone he's in the army. Meets a girl and immediately can't STFU about how he's in the army. To be fair, that's pretty average.

Brihard said:
Starts his adventure determined not to tell anyone he's in the army. Meets a girl and immediately can't STFU about how he's in the army. To be fair, that's pretty average.

100%.
As soon as I read that his plan was to keep being in the military a secret I gave him 20 minutes.

Guys like this is why Reg Force guys look down on and scorn PRes troops. This guy deserves every meme.

I can't find any doing a google search though ...

CanadianTire said:
I think the concern is he could say something to discredit the CAF.

You mean tell the truth? God forbid the public gets anything other than sunshine and rainbows when it comes to the CAF.

Quirky said:
You mean tell the truth? God forbid the public gets anything other than sunshine and rainbows when it comes to the CAF.

I think the danger is not that people realize that there are some people like him in the CAF, but that they then think we're all like this tool.

Back