• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Biden Presidency 2020-?

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I still don't believe Biden got more votes than Obama.🙄
Biden didn't compete against Obama. Obama had his 2 terms already, which is the limit in the US. He literally couldn't run again.

No point examining presidential voting trends without examining the trends with and without California. Super-concentrated mobs of voters for one party in one district get one House member and one electoral vote just like every other district.

The mythical permanent Democratic advantage has been predicted to emerge for almost 2 decades. One of the guys who wrote a book about it, Ruy Teixeira, recently joined a small chorus of Democrats writing cautionary articles that the party's slide left is leaking voters out the right hand side.

Had they stayed centre/centre-left(by the US definition) those predication likely would have. But they have gone full stupid, which was not part of the predictions.

The author, David French, is a conservative evangelical lawyer (and former JAG in Iraq) who has been very critical of Trump, the Republican Party and the evangelical movement.

The author, David French, is a conservative evangelical lawyer (and former JAG in Iraq) who has been very critical of Trump, the Republican Party and the evangelical movement.
I'm sure he's definitely not called a "traitor" or "soyboy Libtard" by conservatives, evangelicals, or both.

Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

Biden didn't compete against Obama. Obama had his 2 terms already, which is the limit in the US. He literally couldn't run again.
OK, you're kidding right? Maybe I was too subtle.

"In 2008, Barack Obama earned 69,498,516 votes in the presidential election, the most ever. Now, Mr. Obama's former vice president, Joe Biden, has far surpassed that tally, setting a new record with more than 81,284,000 votes (51.3% of the total) in the 2020 election. "

Now, go ahead and rate each person for eloquence, stamina, intelligence, charisma, situational awareness and action.

One ran two very effective campaigns and terms. The other was asleep in his basement until election day and hasn't gotten a thing right since.

Obama on Biden in 2020: ‘Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to fuck things up’​

"In 2008, Barack Obama earned 69,498,516 votes in the presidential election, the most ever. Now, Mr. Obama's former vice president, Joe Biden, has far surpassed that tally, setting a new record with more than 81,284,000 votes (51.3% of the total) in the 2020 election. "

Now, go ahead and rate each person for eloquence, stamina, intelligence, charisma, situational awareness and action.

One ran two very effective campaigns and terms. The other was asleep in his basement until election day and hasn't gotten a thing right since.

I’ve said it before. Biden didn’t win. Trump lost.

The fact that Biden got the votes he did has more to do with his opponent.

Are you suggesting that it had nothing to do with the huge heat and light between 2016 and 2020, during a certain Republican President's term, leading to more people casting votes? :unsure:

The fact that Biden got the votes he did has more to do with his opponent.

Your thesis is sound. Some of what fuels vote-rigging conspiracies are the gaps between Biden's performance and the collective performance of House and Senate Democrats. A popular candidate should produce coat-tails; Biden produced none. His repeated insistence on using divisive language is not improving his popularity.*

Vote counts can't be meaningfully compared without including total voting population (at the time) and turnout percentage in the discussion.

No matter how many times events to the contrary unfold, politicians who win will always act as if it were their doing rather than their opponents'.

I speculate some Democratic "doers" and "influencers" squinted a bit and saw 2008 again: presidency, House, Senate. But in 2008 the president was young, energetic, popular, educated, bright, and a bunch of other positive things that Biden is not; the House advantage was large; the Senate advantage was (briefly) 60 seats; Pelosi was 12 years younger and undoubtedly still in her "master strategist" prime; Harry Reid was an undisputed master of Senate procedure. None of those applies today, but Democrats are acting as if they should be able to achieve the same kinds of legislative results.

*Same question as always: how much is Biden, and how much is speechwriters? But Biden has always been prickly, and good presidential speechwriters write to suit the character and manner of the president.

Are you suggesting that it had nothing to do with the huge heat and light between 2016 and 2020, during a certain Republican President's term, leading to more people casting votes? :unsure:
I posited no such scenario. I simply quoted stats. You are free to hypothesize what ever you wish, but you'll need to pick someone else to discuss it with.

I posited no such scenario. I simply quoted stats. You are free to hypothesize what ever you wish, but you'll need to pick someone else to discuss it with.
Those stats don't support your argument.

After 12 years, and with the state of US politics in 2020 vs 2008, I would be shocked if Biden (or Bubbles the Clown if they were the Dem nominee) didn't get more votes than Obama.

If Obama was allowed to run for a 3rd term, he would get more votes purely because more people were voting.

Those stats don't support your argument.

After 12 years, and with the state of US politics in 2020 vs 2008, I would be shocked if Biden (or Bubbles the Clown if they were the Dem nominee) didn't get more votes than Obama.

If Obama was allowed to run for a 3rd term, he would get more votes purely because more people were voting.
I'm not arguing anything.

The Story Behind TIME's 'Year One' Joe Biden Cover

Biden has many problems to solve. Some may not be his fault but he is expected to solve them.
As TIME’s Molly Ball and Brian Bennett write in their cover story, “the pandemic he promised to bring to heel rages out of control. Inflation is at a four-decade high, canceling out rising wages. The border is a mess; violent crime continues to rise. His approval rating has sunk to the low 40s.”

Adds O’Brien: “A year later, Biden sits at the resolute desk, with mounting tasks and threats and a persistent COVID pandemic all still lingering. The country needs him to rise to the moment before it really starts raining.”

Biden.One_.Year_.Grid_.jpg

Had they stayed centre/centre-left(by the US definition) those predication likely would have. But they have gone full stupid, which was not part of the predictions.
Did the Democrats turn into some kind of neo-Marxists? I honestly don't follow American politics too much anymore

They are trying to keep both the centralists and the far left types happy and we all know how well that works. Really they need a NDP party to house their nuts.

Is Biden still POTUS? He has not been visible too much lately.....

Let me Google that for you..... :)

President Joe Biden meets with private sector CEOs in the State Dining Room of the White House in Washington D.C. on Wednesday, January 26, 2022.

The core of the Democrats' problem is the same as it was in 2008: they are focusing on things they want to do (2008: ACA; 2020: big spending and federal election legislation) rather than things that need to be done. Biden and - as far as I can see - his main staff are part of that.

Bodies should start dropping any time now.

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

Back