• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beware Potential Phising Activity Targetting CF/DND users

Disenchantedsailor

Inactive
Reaction score
This released by DND CIRT today

DNET users have recieved emails inviting then to join <www.forcebook.ca> this is a suspected phising activity and Military users are advised to disregard this unsolicted email and report incidents to thier base/wing information protection staff. This site has been blocked by the dnet firewall filter pending investigation.

I seem to remember someone talking about naming a facebook thingy designed just for the military personnel on the forum a little while back. Hmmmm I wonder if this is related?

It was, however the thread related to the above mentioned website has been removed from public
consumption here, pending the above mentioned investigation.

Ughly....
yeah, who would want to hang around & chat with a bunch of brawny, ugly military types?

geo said:
Ughly....
yeah, who would want to hang around & chat with a bunch of brawny, ugly military types?

Geo, I resemble that remark! ;D

However, I can see DND's rationale for blocking this site.  Just look at "Myspace", "Tagged" and "Facebook" and see how much "personal info" is posted there.  An enviornment like "Forcebook" would/could encourage some users to breach OPSEC and PERSEC.  It happens here!  (and kudos to the DS for keeping a lid on it).

Interesting that the news made it here.

Beware indeed.

Regards

Back