• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best wishes this season

BeyondTheNow

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Merry Christmas/happy holidays & happy new year to everyone! For those travelling, I hope you arrive to your destination and back safely.

Not everyone has the luxury of having this time of year off, but I also hope you’re able to find a little bit of time to enjoy yourselves.

For many, this can also be a difficult time of year for varying reasons. Please remember to reach out if you’re struggling. People DO care—you’re not alone.

Take care,
BTN

Canadian Forces Member Assistance Program (CFMAP)

Contact
Entitled individuals residing in Canada and the USA can access this program through the toll free telephone number 1-800-268-7708 (TDD 1-800-567-5803). Entitled individuals residing in other countries must dial the International Access Code of the country from which they are calling and then 800-268-7708. This line is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by a fully bilingual, trained counsellor. The role of the telephone counsellor is to refer the client to a counsellor in private practice for face-to-face counselling, and if the client is in crisis, to provide counselling over the phone.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/guide/programs-canadian-forces/cfmap.html

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone here.

Thanks for your service and sacrifices.

Abdullah

Merry Christmas all!  I hope Santa find you in health and good cheer!  :subbies: :gottree: :santa: :christmas happy:

Merry Christmas all.  :christmas happy: :subbies:

A very Merry Christmas from the Wet Coast. Or more properly this year, the Windy Coast! :subbies:

All the best and Merry Christmas from not too sunny Arizona today, but it is balmy. Off to Christmas Dinner at our neighbours' in an hour or so. Mostly Canadians originally from Northern Ontario in attendance and I suspect there may be some alcohol abuse.

Old Sweat said:
I suspect there may be some alcohol abuse.

I'd be disappointed with you if there wasn't....

:subbies:

Perhaps next year we'll try to RV with you!  :gottree:

PMedMoe said:
I'd be disappointed with you if there wasn't....

:subbies:

Perhaps next year we'll try to RV with you!  :gottree:

Sounds like a plan!! :cheers:

The lack of total posts yesterday on the milnet site is an excellent sign people were enjoying their Christmas with family and friends. I hope you all had a good one and got everything you wanted and needed.

kkwd said:
The lack of total posts yesterday on the milnet site is an excellent sign people were enjoying their Christmas with family and friends. I hope you all had a good one and got everything you wanted and needed.

I have to agree with you, time with family, quality time is always often. I'm happy it "appears" we for the most part had that.

Heck I'll post a pic for the fun of it. We believe in small Christmas and celebrating the point of it more family, friends and of course Jesus.

I hope your guys went as good or better then mine.

Abdullah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181226-103739_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181226-103739_Gallery.jpg
    832.8 KB · Views: 185
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Also from our friends south of the border, bombs away!

"New Year 2019: US military apologises for bomb tweet"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46727991

Good day all,

My message is a bit early this year, but the festive season is certainly in full swing. Many started their leave earlier this week, and are travelling with the anticipation of reconnecting with family and close friends.

For most, this is a season of busy laughter, fun, maybe some stress, but ultimately a time for enjoying the company of others and hopefully creating a few treasured memories to get them through until their next holiday.

For others, sadly, the reality is far from being part of a group of familiar faces, feeling warm embraces from their loved ones, or  relaxing by a brightly lit Christmas tree surrounded by festive decor.

If you’re hurting, and struggling to cope, please reach out. You’re not alone and there are people who sincerely care. For others, take a moment to touch base with someone. You never know who needs it.

If you’re travelling, I wish everyone safe journeys home and back in the new year.

If you’re unable to travel and/or fully take advantage of block leave due to duty or other commitments, I hope you’re able to find a bit of time to celebrate at least a little with a trusted friend, or colleague.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday and wishes extended for a wonderful New Year.

Canadian Forces Member Assistance Program (CFMAP)

Entitled individuals residing in Canada and the USA can access this program through the toll free telephone number 1-800-268-7708 (TDD 1-800-567-5803). Entitled individuals residing in other countries must dial the International Access Code of the country from which they are calling and then 800-268-7708. This line is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by a fully bilingual, trained counsellor. The role of the telephone counsellor is to refer the client to a counsellor in private practice for face-to-face counselling, and if the client is in crisis, to provide counselling over the phone.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/guide/programs-canadian-forces/cfmap.html

Additional info:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/suicide-prevention/warning-signs.html

80583174_2640970782708472_4589992834399993856_n.jpg

:cheers:

Merry Christmas just finished my "Santa duties" now for a drink of milk and some cookies to leave evidence, i suspect the last year i have to do this.

Back