• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Military Themed Licence Plate Ever?

Old Sweat

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
We were down west of Kingston yesterday at an event commemorating the 200th anniversary of an ancestor of some friends purchasing a farm. It is still in the family.

All that, however, ant for nought when a friend of ours showed with this Ontario vanity licence plate: "1 23 1." 

Old Sweat said:
We were down west of Kingston yesterday at an event commemorating the 200th anniversary of an ancestor of some friends purchasing a farm. It is still in the family.

All that, however, ant for nought when a friend of ours showed with this Ontario vanity licence plate: "1 23 1."

...or  "WA 23 WA"...  ;D

Good2Golf said:
...or  "WA 23 WA"...  ;D

Indeed, but the Ontario plate is limited to seven spaces. That is why I have MUD GNR on our motorhome.

I've seen 'END EX' in Ottawa before.  It caught me off guard and I giggled.

Old Sweat said:
Indeed, but the Ontario plate is limited to seven spaces. That is why I have MUD GNR on our motorhome.

Do you have an association graphic?  I've seen eight characters on plates without a graphic.

I have seen some that did not reflect well on the owners:

INT O

No security issues there......  ::)

Good2Golf said:
Do you have an association graphic?  I've seen eight characters on plates without a graphic.

When I got my plate, we were limited to seven. It might have changed.

George Wallace said:

INT O

Many years ago when I was in DGINT, a friend of mine had a plate that read "NDIC1." NDIC being "National Defence Intelligence Centre."

George Wallace said:

INT O

I suppose it could be worse...like 811CFNIS?

George Wallace said:

INT O

When I saw the second one in a parking lot, I almost put my palm through my nose.

"I R CSIS"?  (Haven't seen that one - just an extreme example.)

The MTO screens personalized plate applications for offensive, sexist  or racist content, not for OPSEC/PERSEC or stupidity.

Old Sweat said:
When I got my plate, we were limited to seven. It might have changed.

It has.

When ON switched to a standard four letters/space/three numbers pattern, it started to allow eight characters personalized plates.

Our last R2IC, now CO, had a regimental plate made with "R2IC", but never put it on his car (no front-and-back plates on PEI). Incoming 2IC saw it, nabbed it, put it on his car.

I'll wait til I make OC  :p

Old Sweat said:

And all us military folk had a good chuckle out of that when he pulled in.

An old soldier once told me to never put your rank on a i.e. office desk nameplate. Your rank then indicates you don't expect promotion peaked, etc.

Rifleman62 said:
An old soldier once told me to never put your rank on a i.e. office desk nameplate. Your rank then indicates you don't expect promotion peaked, etc.

Unless, of course, you're a CWO.*  ;)

* excluding those who wish to special commission

I knew a guy who had his Sgts tattooed on. 12 years later he got promoted, and he laughed with us at his misfortune.

Back