• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Berry Pouch - CP Gear..

Ah now i look at it its a small pouche say 1" thick. I undestand perfect im gonna order one of those today and a few other nick nacks.

JDMCRX said:
Yeah if i get the camel Pack im going to remove the canteen and the C9 gunner pouch cause i will never be using a C9 nor a gernade pouch in my career well so far.

Don't replace the C9 pouch with the Berry. Use them together, like a pouch sandwich. Even if your C9 pouch stays empty, it can come in handy for others. And you always want grenades. As a V-tech in the sandbox, believe me, you'll want them when you go out.

JDMCRX, you do know that you can have other things in the C9/Utlity pouch right... not like it's gonna explode if you put in something other than a box of C9 Ammo.

Sorry guys I now understand the Berry pouch is just a piece that goes inbetween the TV and the C9 Pouch. Just from the pics i saw confused me. Cause in the pic it was not there C9 pouche it was the Small pouch offered by CP. Perfect thanks guys i ordered up one :)

So I bought a berry pouch, and a WIMP. Haven't gotten a chance to test either, but both were impressive out of the package. Particularly liked the fact they didn't wuss out on the zipper on the berry pouch, nice big fat one.

Both have been "installed", the berry pouch underneath a canteen pouch, the WIMP under a C9 pouch. When I reattached the canteen pouch, the silly velcro/ladder lock fasteners couldn't quite reach, so I only pulled a centimeter through (Could have gotten more through, but it would have made the canteen hard to get in and out), and just tacked it onto itself with a needle and a bit of thread. Used a pair of TV remotes to simulate rifle mags in the WIMP when I was tightening, seemed to fit just fine. Didn't need to tack the the fastener onto itself, fit just fine.

Over all, pleased so far.

Well got my berry pouches nice constrution i realy like them. To bad i got them a day before they went on sale :(

Ill post pics friday.

Josh

My pair of pouches arrived today, mounted without any real issues.  I used a pair of mags at first for spacing but then simply found that the velcro straps made for a perfect size automatically, simply pull them through the buckle until the all the velcro is through both holes of the buckle, then fold the velcro down.  This makes the straps lock nicely (as the strap cannot pull back through as the velcro edges fold back and get caught on the buckles) and leaves just enough room for mags or other misc bits (bug juice, cam paint tubes, etc).

I was not able to fit my CP Gear FMP pouch (well it "just" fit) but possibly you could loosen off the straps and have no issue.

The only thing that might become a problem at a later date is the zipper handles, there are none...  They are paracord straps that normally have a tendency to untie on other products but these look pretty sturdy, time will tell.

Damn handy item and really clears out the pockets of misc crap that tends to collect.  Have to see how they work out in the field but I don't expect any issues.

Get em' while they're hot :)

Cheers

Well put them on the other night here are some pics. You can fit 2 DVD's side by side in each pouch that is the max you can put in. So that can give u a basis of what size items fit in them. I like them, I will not be going in the field anytime soon that I know of so will not know how they fair out for a while.

Here are 3 pictures for people wondering how they look on the TV.

IMG_2215.jpg

One with one DVD in it
IMG_2216.jpg

Another with 2 DVD case's all the way in.
IMG_2217.jpg

I tried mounting the pouch as shown (with the opening facing up) but I found it difficult to pull out my FMP vertically so instead I rotated the pouch 90 degrees so the opening is now facing forward.  Just my 0.02.

I was having trouble doing the same. Im gonna rotate my pouches all forward. Cause i tend to have my TV sit higher then normal.

I got to check out a bunch of CP stuff I hadn't seen firsthand before at the road show here in Pet last night and it was nice to meet Matt and talk to him in person.  I was going to order some stuff but held off and will head back tonight or tommorow, which is kind of good since I have a question I'm hoping someone here has some experience with.

I was going to go ahead and get either 2 Berry pouches, or 1 Berry puch and a WIMP.  However, as per our unit SOPs, the bayonet and scabard are attatched horizontally over the C9 pouch on the left side (SOPs are 2 C9 pouches).  It would seem that access to a Berry or WIMP would be significantly difficult with the bayonet blocking the way.  Anyone experience this?

Yeah i went and met him today at the legion in pet.

As for the bayonet being on the left side makes getting into the berry pouch a off the person task. The only thing i could say is try mounting the pouches faces to the front but this may be hard with the C9 pouches??. Or rig a way that on the left side the C9 pouches face up the berry pouch faces the front and the bayonet ontop?

I ended up ordering a pair of Berry pouches tonight from Matt (among a few other things).  I'll see what I can figure out on the bayonet side.  I decide against a WIMP as I'll most likely never have to carry more the 5 mags in Canada and I hope not to have to wear a TV anywhere else.

Back