• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

beret without cap badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxadia

Inactive
Reaction score
Is wearing a beret without a cap badge a chargeable offence? I cannot seem to find a regulation specifically stating that it is chargeable.  Only asking because I have been told to find a reference to the regulation that specifically states that.

NDA 129???

That is totally off the top of my head, for I cannot seem to find an offence that says

'in that the accused, wore, without a capbadge, a beret, thereby contributing directly to the collapse of western civilisation'

Towards_the_gap said:
NDA 129???

That is totally off the top of my head, for I cannot seem to find an offence that says

'in that the accused, wore, without a capbadge, a beret, thereby contributing directly to the collapse of western civilisation'

I hear ya.  Like I said, I can't find anything either.  Dress regs tell you how to where it, not specifically WHY, except that it is because that's the way it is done.

Maybe look at the whole reason why thing - were they ordered to wear a beret with one in it for instance - then you could do disobeying a lawful command...there are formal directives stating what manner of dress you are to be in, etc.

129 would do the dress/deportment thing I suppose - "conduct to the prejudice of good order and discipline in that with malice aforethought the subj member showed up looking like a Bag O'Shyte, failing to note a lack of hatbadge in beret" sort of thing....my guess though, if someone is on the rampage to charge someone for that, there is likey an interesting backstory. 

MM

What is the context of this alleged offence?  I recall my Basic, for example, we did not *earn* our capbadge (cornflake) until we passed the Week X "Rank and Saluting test".  So no capbadge at all until Week 5 IIRC.  I can't recall if the CFLRSers are getting theirs right off the bat now, haven't been there since '07.

QR&O vol 1 chapter 17 artcle 17.01 states: Members of the Canadian Forces shall wear the uniforms prescribed by the Chief of the Defence Staff.

The CF dress manual is issued on authority of the CDS.

Thus, if someone does not follow the dress regs, they are disobeying an order of the CDS.

dapaterson said:
QR&O vol 1 chapter 17 artcle 17.01 states: Members of the Canadian Forces shall wear the uniforms prescribed by the Chief of the Defence Staff.

Thus, if someone does not follow the dress regs, they are disobeying an order of the CDS.
Oh no it's Manual warfare, hull down and look out.

my72jeep said:
Oh no it's Manual warfare, hull down and look out.

It's the kinder, gentler army.  It's now known as a pub crawl.

Eye In The Sky said:
What is the context of this alleged offence?  I recall my Basic, for example, we did not *earn* out capbadge (cornflake) until we passed the Week X "Rank and Saluting test".  So no capbadge at all until Week 5 IIRC.  I can't recall if the CFLRSers are getting theirs right off the bat now, haven't been there since '07.

That's the exact context.  Someone contested it, now we're looking it up.

dapaterson said:

Curious if there is some way that wouldn't apply to a group of recruits on BMQ.  And before someone jumps on me for having a problem with this either way - I don't care.  I'm just doing what I was told to do. Just trying to be a good little brussel sprout.  :camo:

It is a convenient way to distinguish between a Recruit who has been taught to pay compliments and one who has not.

I have also been deployed where a member has lost or broken their hatbadge and worn a beret without it.  Some even remove their hatbadges prior to going on a patrol.

Would your 'superior' want to find a reason to charge them as well?

Sounds like someone is very anal.

Someone wants cap badges on, someone wants them off until the test....I just want to dig a trench in between and get my head down.  :whiteflag:

;D

Drill test is this weekend.....Moot point at this time, me thinks.

RDJP said:
That's the exact context.  Someone contested it, now we're looking it up.

Oh boy!  I hope it was someone on the staff that contested it, not a candidate.  If it is a candidate, their new introduction to people should be "Hello, My Name is Stupid Gump.  People call me Stupid Gump."  ;D

Curious if there is some way that wouldn't apply to a group of recruits on BMQ.  And before someone jumps on me for having a problem with this either way - I don't care.  I'm just doing what I was told to do. Just trying to be a good little brussel sprout.  :camo:

Dunno.  I was more worried about the stuff that mattered on Basic like "making it thru", and was proud to put my cornflake up after saluting several garbage cans (literally) while marching...just like everyone else did.  I always thought it was a good 'tradition' and it was one that found its way onto QL2/FELT/BMQ/whatever the name is or was courses when I was working courses. 

Eye In The Sky said:
Dunno.  I was more worried about the stuff that mattered on Basic like "making it thru"...

Like I said, doesn't matter to me.  We were just told as a group to go find the reg.  ;)

RDJP said:
Like I said, doesn't matter to me.  We were just told as a group to go find the reg.  ;)

The reg that says they DON'T wear it or the reg that says they SHOULD wear it?

Beret. The beret shall be worn evenly on the
head, with the sweatband 2.5 cm (1 in.)
above the eyebrows, the badge centred over
the left eye,
and the crown pulled downward
to the right. The break of the sweatband shall
be worn centred at the back of the head, with
no draw string visible.

The beret shall be worn with the badge centred over the left eye.

You need a badge to centre it over the left eye.

Seems pretty clear to me.

The staff on this course should be using their time more effectivley and efficiently. People are wasting precious time with this stupid fuckery.

Bzzliteyr said:
The reg that says they DON'T wear it or the reg that says they SHOULD wear it?

The one that says you could be charged for not wearing it.

recceguy said:
The staff on this course should be using their time more effectivley and efficiently. People are wasting precious time with this stupid fuckery.

That would be true if it was their time that was being wasted, but it's pretty easy to tell the recruits to come back next weekend with the info.
Not a big deal....I was just hoping if there was a regulation there specific to being charged, that someone could point it out.  I'll go with the point that the CDS authorizes dress policy, dress policy states a badge, therefore it should be worn unless you are going against the CDS.

And in the meantime, I will do whatever it is that I am instructed to do by the higher rank in front of me....just like Forrest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoptofKbQ04

RDJP said:
That would be true if it was their time that was being wasted, but it's pretty easy to tell the recruits to come back next weekend with the info.
Not a big deal....I was just hoping if there was a regulation there specific to being charged, that someone could point it out.  I'll go with the point that the CDS authorizes dress policy, dress policy states a badge, therefore it should be worn unless you are going against the CDS.

You could word it better, in that disregarding the CF Dress Policy is disobeying a lawful command contrary to section 83 of the National Defense Act.

Don't screw around. Find the applicable NDA charge for mutiny/sedition.

'pte bloggins, by his refusal to wear his issued uniform in the correct manner, commited an act of treasonous mutiny....'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back