• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Being deaf in the US Military

So are they lowering standards just to accommodate non-prior service deaf recruits?  ??? Just confused how Cadet Private Nolan was even allowed to join US Army ROTC at his university if the standards for university ROTC are the same as enlistment?

This reminds me of the German Volkstrumm/Home Guard at the closing years of World War II, who had deaf and blind rear-echelon battalions, if I can recall correctly.

S.M.A. said:
So are they are lowering standards just to accommodate deaf recruits too?  ??? Just confused.

This reminds me of the German Volkstrumm/Home Guard at the closing years of World War II, who had deaf and blind rear-echelon battalions, if I can recall correctly.

Could make the same argument that they "lowered the standards" to let women into combat roles. ::)

Edit: Sorry didn't read the confused part. I'm not sure what the regulations are but he was able to join eventually and go so far as 3yrs of 4 in his ROTC training, doing an exceptional job, but now is not allowed.

Back