• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beijing Olympics CDN Bobsled team honours Navy

I haven't been paying attention to the Olympics this year but the news articles I have caught reaffirmed the Olympics have become garbage.

15 year old children being pumped full of performance enhancing drugs - then still allowed to compete. Athletes country-shopping. Athletes reportedly making millions of dollars in advertising ($40M for an American skater who competed for China) and more:

I haven't been paying attention to the Olympics this year but the news articles I have caught reaffirmed the Olympics have become garbage.

15 year old children being pumped full of performance enhancing drugs - then still allowed to compete. Athletes country-shopping. Athletes reportedly making millions of dollars in advertising ($40M for an American skater who competed for China) and more:
I stopped caring about the Olympics for about the same reasons.

If people didn't bring up occasional news stories about them I wouldn't even know they were happening.

I enjoyed the visual irony of the snowboarding venue ;)

Some Twitter users wondered if it might be a nuclear plant.

"The Big Air stadium at the Olympics seems to be right next to the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant," a user by the name of @jlove1982 wrote.

Another, @LindsayMpls, wrote: "Feels pretty dystopian to have some kind of nuclear facility as the backdrop for this Big Air skiing event."

The Shougang Big Air is the world's first permanent big air venue for long-term usage. It sits on the bank of the Qunming Lake, on the west side of the cooling towers at 88 meters (288 feet) above sea level, according to architecture firm TeamMinus, which designed the jump.

Back