• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Becker BK-7 as Field Knife?

Trailhawk

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day everyone, I'm a new member of the CF and my regiment said I could carry a personal knife when on exercises/operations once I'm fully trained. I'm in the infantry. I'd really like to carry my BK-7 because I'm used to handling it, it sharpens much easier than the C7 bayonet (in my opinion) and the construction is very robust. The only drawback is the sheath, but I can get a better one. Would any of you recommend anything else, or share any experiences with the BK-7? Thanks so much

If you already have one, cool.  If you don't, don't buy one yet.  Wait until you've done your training and get a feel for 'what you will need'.  I'm guessing you are PRes if you are in a Regt and aren't trained yet.

It's really easy to want to have all the Gucci kit right from the get go, but wait to buy stuff including blades.

Having said that, I have a BK-2 that is my 'deployed' knife in my kit and I also use it civie side as my utility blade.  I have the standard sheath (modded it up some to make it work), I bought a second standard sheath I got for cheap on Ebay that I modded to use a TechLok (works nice on backpack hip belts) and a Esse sheath pouch and tin.  When I use it for work, I use the polyester sheath as it holds a magnesium bar/striker, alan key and Blade Medic sharpener nicely and is MOLLE-able for the front of vests.

I also stripped the coating off mine and used gun blueing on it.  Nicer finish that doesn't flake.

Back