• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beachmasters in the CF

McLovin

Inactive
Reaction score
I saw an episode of Truth Duty Valour where our guys were conducting amphibious landing ops with our U.S. Navy associates. Does anybody know what sub-unit/sub-trade in the CF involves beachmasters? From what I could tell it appeared they were combat engineers (I'm basing that on cap badge). Or would it be somebody from the Navy? Anybody know anything about this?

It has been awhile since I saw that episode but i thought it was either an American (marine, perhaps) as Canadians are not generally doing much in the way of beach landings on our own or possibly an MP.

umm... you can't mistake the Engineer Cap Badge for the Scralet Beret of the Meatheads err..... MP's

Yeah, if memory's correct there was a U.S. Navy beachmaster (Lt.Cmdr. I think) but he was training/advising one of our guys (a sergeant I believe) and I'm gonna say nearly for sure he had the Engineers badge, so...

When we (the Navy) were testing the feasibility of conducting amphibious operations through the Standing Contingency Force (SCF). There would be a unit designated to recce and then control the landing of the forces on the beach. This unit would be called the Maritime Amphibious Unit.

If you have access to the DIN its all here.

http://maritime.mil.ca/IRR/pages/Sub%20Unit%20MAU.asp

The whole concept has been put on ice (maybe permanently) until after we get end our mission in A-Stan.

amphibiuos crossings and Littoral operations were covered during Patrol Pathfinder course in 90's- probably still are

I have no access to the DIN so I can't see FSTO's link but I know that there were a few members of the JTF and CSOR and a few sailors (who were part of the MAU I believe) went down to the States for a few training with the Seals.

For what I heard from one of the sailors that participated in a few of those training sessions, this would've been a kick-buttocks unit for a sailor to be in. All the fun of the Army with the attitude of the Navy.

Back