• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BC Murders / MB Manhunt of Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky

tomahawk6 said:
Any vacation homes in the area ? Might be easy to break into an empty place and the chances of finding food in one might be good.

T6- the Gilliam area is like the very middle of Alaska. Outside of town, there is nobody (I mean nobody) for at least 200kms in any direction. Just muskeg, mosquitos and black flies. And the odd bear, just thrown in for fun.

SeaKingTacco said:
T6- the Gilliam area is like the very middle of Alaska. Outside of town, there is nobody (I mean nobody) for at least 200kms in any direction. Just muskeg, mosquitos and black flies. And the odd bear, just thrown in for fun.

If it's near a Reserve there will probably be a few hunt camps though.

Some of the latest ...
Teen fugitives Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky have been charged with second-degree murder in the death of a Vancouver man — the third victim in the recent killings in Northern B.C. Leonard Dyck was identified by police on Wednesday.

McLeod, 19, and Schmegelsky, 18, were charged on Wednesday with one count of second-degree murder in Dyck's death.

Canada-wide warrants have been issued for both men.

Dyck was found dead five days ago at a highway pullout about two kilometres from a burnt-out camper truck, discovered the same day, south of the B.C.'s Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37.

The burnt vehicle was later identified as belonging to McLeod and Schmegelsky ...

Sure bet most people up in that area have guns.  With everyone being vigilant those boys might get more than they bargain for the next time they confront someone.

It's comforting to know that these two will be spending their last days of freedom cold, wet, hungry and quite possibly bug bitten to the point where turning themselves in is a better option.

Reminds me of Gary Tison who ran into the desert after a killing spree while on the run.

https://murderpedia.org/male.T/t/tison-gary-gene.htm

Long story short, he died.  Heatstroke the likely cause.  Ironically he was 100 meters from a water source.  That is karma for you.

Unless they car-jacked another vehicle when they burned theirs down - and headed south before they were noticed.

My guess - they car-jacked, killed the owner, and were moving south well before the cordon went up.  I don't think they'd want to be out in that terrain.

NavyShooter said:
Unless they car-jacked another vehicle when they burned theirs down - and headed south before they were noticed.

My guess - they car-jacked, killed the owner, and were moving south well before the cordon went up.  I don't think they'd want to be out in that terrain.

Another missing person and vehicle would likely have been noticed by now. Small town and all. Certainly possible they stole a car.

In any case, the whole province has its eyes peeled now. If they *are* on the move again, they’ll struggle to stay unnoticed. Every gas station attendant is going to know these faces.

More likely they’re hunkered down in a cabin somewhere with no idea what to do, if they haven’t already shot themselves.

Its being reported here that one of the boy's father says his son will want to suicide by cop. My guess is that once they are located they will approach after they have gone to sleep.

I wonder if this is a case of incels wanting to make themselves heard.

CanadianTire said:
I wonder if this is a case of incels wanting to make themselves heard.

If so they probably would have gotten a manifesto out by now...

Brihard said:
If so they probably would have gotten a manifesto out by now...

You'd think so, but given their location and how quickly things have happened they may not have been able to. Or maybe it has yet to be found (or was left in the truck they torched). They do seem to fit the profile, and it could explain the murder of the couple (the older man was a murder of necessity - they needed a vehicle).

That said, I am by no means even close to an expert on these things. Pure speculation on my part.

I think it was more a case of "this will be cool"....(little pause)...."WTF did we just do?"

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I think it was more a case of "this will be cool"....(little pause)...."WTF did we just do?"

That was the other motive that crossed my mind too.

There a few pics circulating now that one of these guys was/is some flavour of Nazi worshipper. One pic has him posing with an air soft rifle (rolls eyes) and the other is a knock off SS blade and a Swastika flag. There’s another of him wearing a surplus store gas mask. The uniforms etc are knock off airsoft apparel.

CanadianTire said:
That was the other motive that crossed my mind too.

Or, we're running out of money so "let's jump the next people we see" and things escalated and got out of hand.  Either the couple or the prof. were at the wrong place at the wrong time when it went down.  No witnesses and all of that.

Remius said:
Or, we're running out of money so "let's jump the next people we see" and things escalated and got out of hand.  Either the couple or the prof. were at the wrong place at the wrong time when it went down.  No witnesses and all of that.

100% wrong place, wrong time. And if this had happened further south, closer to civilization, these kids likely wouldn't have evaded capture this long.

I read that both these two guys are 6 foot 4 inches.  That will certainly stand out travelling together.

They worked together at a BC Walmart.Wanted :

public-alert-for-kam-mcleod-and-bryer-schmegelsky.jpg

Images on the news of the search show swampy terrain. People are advised to stay home or travel in groups and the newscast stated that people are sleeping armed. I can certainly understand the need for being alert and ready to defend oneself or family. Eventually these killers will be flushed from hiding and I hope there is no further loss of life.

Just hit the news, RCMP requested CAF help in the search, for now it is in the form of aircraft. I am sure an Aurora will find them in short order

Back