• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Battlestar Galactica mini.

Enzo

Inactive
Reaction score
I‘m showing my age here, but I watched part one tonight and I liked everything about it all things considered. Wondering if there‘s life for this series again? I was aprehensive about the character of Starbuck as that was a bit of an idol for me as a kid. But I‘m keeping an open mind these days. Noticed the feel of the navy within that set. From the catapault for the Vipers to the Launch officer and the flight crew. Impressive attention to the details. Would like to see more of the new Cylons. Good homages to the old by having the models and costumes in a "museum." The nukes were done well and I even like the BC Ferry as cargo bay for the transport ship.

Favourite line, "President? She‘s the Minister of Education! We‘re at war and you‘re taking orders from a school teacher?!"

I‘ve been to serious lately due to stress about life frustrations, so I needed to just turn it off for awhile and reality tv just pisses me off. This show worked for me. How about any of you guys? Thoughts?

I got to see it after Xmas as my bro in law recorded it from the Sci-Fi Channel. I liked it but it reminded me like Top Gun in space with the same level of arrogance. I think if they had a decent writing team the shoe could see new life. I wonder now if Richard Hatch, who has been talking for years on bringing back his version of BG, has shelved his plans?

My buddies and I were talking about that - I‘m the big fan of the previous series, I was 7 when it came out, so bear in mind that there were slim picking‘s in the 70‘s eh. I was dismayed when I heard that Hatch and company weren‘t to be included, especially when it was his production company that revived interest in the series. And Starbuck as a female? Heresy.

But I watched the first half and I didn‘t mind it. I liked the military feel of the ship, reminded me of Space: Above and Beyond. From the naval atmosphere to the use of weaponry. I liked how buddies back just blew out when Helio fired at him from the ground, far cry from Star Treks energy burns eh. (Hey, that guys glowing?) I think it was the effects that worked for me more than the dialogue.

I‘m thinking that a series is coming, the video game compliments the mini, literally (You‘re flying as Adama in that same Viper which Apollo uses in the mini) and Ron Moore says he‘s focusing on a series. I doubt they‘ll brind Hatch and co. on board. And having to identical series at the same time? Doubtful. I think he‘s pooched.

We‘re producing BSG, you‘re producing Star Trek: Enterprise. (ouch) :D

Back