• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Battlefield 2 (video game)

Canadian.Trucker

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
I was tempted to hijack medic269's thread about Halo 3 but didn't think it would be fair.

Anyone ever played this?  I love it.  Granted I've been addicted to video games since getting my first PC in '97, but I really like this game.  It's a bit boring sometimes if you play by yourself, because everyone is just trying to get points.  The real fun of this game is when you get a bunch of your buddies with you and run 1 or 2 squads and work together.  You have medics to heal and revive, support to resupply, engineers to fix your LSVW I mean HMMVW if it gets a scratch on it.  Artillery, snipers with claymores.  This game has it all.  Realistic fighter aircraft, attack helicopters, tanks, APC's, RIB's, and dunebuggy's.  The neat thing is as well you can get medals, promotions, and see your stats rise as you play to see your accomplishments.

Lets not forget the best part though, things blowing up.  You can plant C4 on vehicles to create boobie traps, knife guys, or just shoot them.  I sometimes get annoyed at what the patches have done to ruin the game sometimes, but I keep coming back anyway.  Yes, I am a geek when it comes to video games.  Anyone else share my affliction?

Play it, love it, anxiously awaiting the Conflict Canada (click for link) mod that will add Canada to the game. I have to disagree that the game is ultrarealistic, but it is certainly fun enough, especially in teams. I almost always play sniper, special forces, or gunner (support) as those are the 3 I play best, and the 2 guys I play with regularly do best with medic and support, so I always have lots of support with them around.

We always keep in contact over Teamspeak, so we can coordinate our plans... BF2s in game voice options notoriously malfunction.

I too agree it's not ultrarealistic, what with being able to pull a parachute at 3 feet and land just fine.  It's also rather glitchy, I've nailed a tree with a J-10 fighter and simply bounced off did a 360 and kept flying.

My favourite kits are Medic and Spec Ops, I do fine with Sniper and the others as well but give me the SF unlock G36E and I'm gonna rock your world.  My latest PC for some reason will not allow me to enable the VOIP function, but I never used to use it that often anyway as I also use Teamspeak.  I just like how you can do so many different things in the game.  I love it.  Didn't hear of the Conflict Canada mod before now, that looks amazing, but it's just going to be for non-ranked servers right?

I enjoy playing this, but I have to go to the computer store to use their system. Gets me away from the wife and kid!! I prefer doing the medic or support roles with occasional sniper or engineer role. Realistic, not really but some of the servers have some very decent play on them, others are just silly. If they ban bunny hopping, its generally a better gameplay. Some of the helo pilots are absolutely deadly, but it gives me great pleasure to whack one with a tank round. I will also use the sniper role to hunt down people that are spawn camping, plus the claymores are handy, just wish you got more of them.

My handle is Tankercolin and generally on during Sunday PM 12-4

Good fun, but not a Sim

For accurate warfare get Steelbeasts $130 US for the Professional version.

My handle is exactly my forum name here, and I too agree bunny hopping is bad.  At least dolphin diving is no longer possible with the new patches.

Hello,

BF2 is a pretty fun game, and its coincidental that this thread got started as I considered making one very similar recently. Anyways, anyone who plays should definitely download the newest beta patch (its really good, solves a lot of old issues). My in-game handle is theDragon86 (ya ya I know it is lame...).
A fairly good, team-oriented server is TacticalGamer's server (their server list is at tacticalgamer.com I believe).
Someone let me know where and when and I might play a few rounds.

As for the realism, I'd have to say it really isn't that realistic. Also, its just a video game! (Though fun!)

PT schmee-T, PT's for suckers joining the army.
...ahhh crap. :p

I've said it before and I'll say it again... operation flashpoint still remains the most realistic war game out there (first person)

If you think BF2 is a good depiciton of war, you will drool yourself silly when you play flashpoint.

Battlefield 2 is a fun game and the graphics are great. There is very little lag in this game.  Flashpoint is also a fun game and it has a kick arse mission editor.  You can download maps, mods, weapons, utility programs... way more fun.

In Flashpoint I can put a digital picture of anyone into the game ( I use my face) and on missions I can also put in your voices.  I wrote a few tutorials years ago so that I can put your voice into the game and get the mouth to move to the words and I can put inflections into the faces.  "Popurhedoff's wave2Lip Tutorial 1 & 2"  This is great when designing custom missions, start, end and cut scenes.

Cheers
Popurhedoff

I have an early version of Flash point and it was never a happy game on my computer. I suspect that the computing power is only now reaching the level to support realistic squad level action and a decent AI.

BF2 is about as far from reality as Alice in Wonderland. Trust me on this. Personally I love the game when it doesn't glitch up as in anti tank rocket travels through the apc or tank not hitting it, multiple shots to the head and some how the enemy still kills me. How about this one, a anti tank rocket hitting beside am enemy but wait... He is still alive and un harmed! You know that sort of thing. It was a fun game before they wrecked it with patches, now I only play it to raise my blood pressure because that is how fun the game is sometimes.

No online play for me anymore since I moved and am out on a 56k connection otherwise I would be able to game once in awhile.

Looking forward to the next installment.  Looks like fun.

I love the game. I love to Jihad Jeep (toss all your C4 in a FAV or a HMVEE/Vodnik/Chinese whatyamacallit) and ram into a tank, hop out and blow it. :D

There's really too much to list about my favourite aspects of the game.  Ditto for the parts I hate really, mostly due to the developers screwing up so badly with garbage patches.

In ref. to C4 I am a bit sneakier.  I'll sneak back to an enemy base where no one is at, capture the flag, but instead of taking the armour that is sitting there I'll C4 it (my patended booty trap).  Then I'll simply walk away or grab a buggy and drive off.  When I see the tank disappear from being grey, I'll get out my paddle and blow it killing the unsuspecting person that thought they were safe getting into an unused tank.  Man I'm evil. :evil:

Back