• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Up

Hey thanks for the info on this show. I just watched all 9 season one episodes on YouTube since my course starts January 5. I learnt a lot from watching it there are a lot of do's and dont's. Very entertaining as well, maybe that opinion will change when I'm the one doing the 13km ruck march  ;)

mpdid said:
maybe that opinion will change when I'm the one doing the 13km ruck march  ;)

Its not that hard, just make sure you wear proper socks, and boots if you are allowed  ;)  and if it gets hard, just look up and put one foot in front of the other.

Edited to fix grammar error pointed out by Mr. Plow

Cadet [Insert Random Name] said:
*Ahem*

DUMONT!!!!!

Too bad we won't have the PO from Season 1. But this still be interesting.

It wasnt all that entertaining the first time around, lets not re-live it.

He's a CPO now, I'm fairly certain... saw him twice in and around the school.

I know none of that matters, but it kinda does...

Haha I liked the
"Don't you dare fall on me, if you fall on me I'm going to be pissed"

forza_milan said:
As an aside, when I initially did a search for Basic Up 2 on YouTube, my first hit was:

"Basic Make Up lesson 2"  ;D

LOL I did the same thing too.  Maybe we should have searched Basic Up Reloaded instead.  Is that a tip of the hat to the Matrix you think?  "There is no dust bunny Sgt...."

Did you see the one older recruit in there?  He must be about 50 years old.  Hope he doesn't have to retire before his BMQ is over!  ;)

The group formed up by the aircraft near the begining reminds me of a few cold winter mornings of my own! 

Well from what I have been hearing I think some of the newcomers to CFLRS should watch more of what its really like out there. For PT its nothing but complaining, i say your whiners, move up to the plate and take what you get. There is nothing worse than a female who loves drama! And I being female can't stand it,makes me wonder if they joined for a little x-tra if ya know what I mean!! harden up ladies your in the military now.  :mad:

about the first season of BASIC ... does anyone know of another website to see the whole season other then youtube?... id like to be able to see an entire episode at once instead of 10 mins at a time

ok well did alil google'n myself n found out that u can get all the episodes for free when u subscribe to Canadian Army News Vodcast thru itunes !

Goibniu said:
ok well did alil google'n myself n found out that u can get all the episodes for free when u subscribe to Canadian Army News Vodcast thru itunes !

"Hooked on phonics" didnt work i take it ?

Goibniu said:
about the first season of BASIC ... does anyone know of another website to see the whole season other then youtube?... id like to be able to see an entire episode at once instead of 10 mins at a time

They can be found here without subscription http://www.army.dnd.ca/lf/English/1_10_8.asp. If it will not play you may use a program called VLC media player or even Quick Time. I cant wait for the second season, any word on the release date yet?

Good Luck

I look forward to the release of the second season I loved the first one so much I started watching the French version. While I enjoy that they have different recruits in the French version, having to go off of body language and tone alone leaves something to be desired.

For those of you that have completed basic training in the past couple of years, how useful or realistic were the video's provided at the recruiting center, or the basic up series on TV, in preparing you for what you experienced at CFLRS? You can PM with your responses if you like.
Thanks

It would be nice if this season had some people doing officer training, but seeing as it says 13 weeks I don't think they will. Anyone know how much similarity there is between BMQ and BOTP?

Galahad said:
It would be nice if this season had some people doing officer training, but seeing as it says 13 weeks I don't think they will. Anyone know how much similarity there is between BMQ and BOTP?

It would be great to hear from those who have done both courses...

I made some officer-recruit friends on my BMQ, I'l never forget the day THIS happened.

Me: Hey what you guys been up to today?
O/R: Making a restricted word list.
Me: What the hell is that?
O/R: Just a list of words our instructors can't say...
Me: Umm, are you joking?  Like what types of words are we talking about here?  Racial, sexist stuff?
O/C: No, words like retarded...they aren't allowed to say "You guys are retarded"
Me: Wow, thats gotta be hard for them, I call you guys that all the time...

just thought I would share that humorous tidbit

Back